Here is the answer to your question.Error code 244
can mean any of the following things: :
1. You or the person sending the fax pressed the STOP key , causing the session to stop before completion.
2. The fax machine on the other end determined that there is an incompatibility with your machine and the one you are sending to and stopped the fax session.
To fix this you can try the following things. Try them one at a time, and if they don't work, place them back the way they where before you changed it.
Make sure the fax machine you are sending to can accept and use polling.
Select a slower "receive" speed.
- Enable or disable the ECM setting.
1. Can mean that a communication failure has happened between the two machines.
2. It may also mean that the user of the FAX machine you are sending to has pressed the STOP key
3. If call waiting is enabled, it may cause this error. Disable call waiting on your phone line, if you have a fax machine connected to it. The click or beep on the line that indicates you have a incoming call, can STOP a fax session.
4. Another cause of this error code is that the power was interrupted to the machine you are attempting to send a fax to.Things you can do to solve this problem:
Try them one at a time, and if they don't work, place them back the way they where before you changed it.
- Try disableing ECM. However, this may reduce the quality of your faxes.
- Ask the person you are sending the fax to to set the machine to receive at a slower speed.
- Try the fax again at a different time, incase it is a problem with the phone line.
- If you phone lines are old, or there is static on the line it may cause trouble sending a fax.If this is the case you will need to contact your local phone company or whoever is responsible for servicing your phone lines.