I have 1 and 1/2 horsepower sprinkler pump that wont prime. As soon as the end piece fills, it will empty if I open the end to the sprinkler.
I don't know what is your system set up. However, the system set up should be the following;
1. Your 1-1/2HP sprinkler pump must be installed at
a fix location nearest the water source. (Complete
with power and plumbing lines.)
2. At the end of the suction line is a vertical check
valve with strainer.
3. The suction pipeline must be connected to the
suction port of the pump.
4. At the discharge port, a flow control valve tee must
be installed. The flow control valve tee top is
covered with a plug, which serves as the priming
port when opened.
5. After the flow control valve, connect a short nipple
so that you can put a gate valve to stop the water
flow or allow the water to flow. You may connect
a pressure tank at this point or you may connect
the pressure hose going to the sprinkler.
6. To prime the pump, open the plug at the flow
control top. Fill it full with water, replace the
priming port plug.
7. Turn the flow control valve to full closed position.
8. From full close position, switch the power on.
9. The pump now run on and off due the pressure
switch setting. Slowly open the flow control valve
such that the water pressure remains steady.
10. Take note of the pressure.
11. Shut the power off, and connect the sprinkler
12. Put the power back on, and allow the pump to
run with the sprinkler.
Under this set up, you can run the sprinklers when your pump is running. Hope this will solve problem.
Dec 08, 2009 |