Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It has no power. nothing lights up or works. I tried different plug. still nothing

It has stove fan and stovetop light built in. nothing works

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 932 Answers

Joseph,
You probably have a blown fuse. Sometimes you can take the control panel loose and access the fuse from there, but you may have to take the microwave down from the cabinet and take the cover off to find your fuse. If you have to take it down you will need another person to help you as it is a two person job to do that safely. If you can take the control panel off, make sure that you unplug your microwave first. Also, be careful about touching any wires coming from the magnetron or the capacitor because they can carry very high levels of voltage. Hope this helps!

Posted on Apr 29, 2015

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

GE microwave fan turns on when door opened


The problem is caused by one or two bad door switches.

Apr 27, 2012 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave has power, but nothing works.


The door switches are more than likely the problem, one or two will need to be replaced, I recommend a professional.

Mar 18, 2012 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We have a GE Spacemaker XL Microwave JVM1640 that was purchased in 2003 when we built our house. It worked fine on Friday and then Saturday morning, nothing. No lights, not control panel, no...


Hello Smoore66,

USE CAUTION:
Your first microwave experience will be fine...
In order to take out your main power it has to be early
in your control circuitry. Power Board was a good guess
but there's also a main fuse... (usu: MAGNETRON).

If you are going to work on it YOURSELF ("diy")
be VERY careful to remember ALL COVERS
must be in place before EVER energizing the
MAGNETRON (DANGEROUS High FREQ radio).

Parts abound.... even on eBay & AMAZON
(I'll post APPLIANCE PART sales below)

there ae SERVICE GUIDES for sale...
Helpful hints & how to videos at the
parts houses (below).

I'd say it would be the ultimate in RECYCLING....
but a MICROWAVE is a dangerous appliance:
Weigh your options carefully

Good Luck

eBay (price ideas & look)
17results for JVM1640

appliancepartspros
Search Over 2 1 Million Appliance Parts

repairclinic
Appliance Parts Lawn Mower Parts Heating Cooling Parts 365 day returns

partselect
jvm1640 Parts List

Apr 29, 2017 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave popped and now does not heat


Okay, first we need to separate the situations. You were boiling water on the stove and had the range hood fan running to **** up the steam. Then you put something in the microwave to heat and you heard a pop and then zip-o.

The water on the stove has nothing to do with the situation, the fan you turn on is not part of the microwave, so it has nothing to do with the microwave.

The pop you heard and then the humming suggests the magnetron failed. You said you found a blow fuse and replaced it and still nothing, right? The magnetron is the most likely culprit...I would think it is safe to say that the magnetron shorted and drew enough current to blow the fuse.

Replace the magnetron and if that doesn't work, let me know here. Good Luck!

Sep 14, 2009 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Our stovetop maytag microwave doesnt work anymore


You probably blew out the cavity thermal fuse you'll need a technician to replace it.

Aug 17, 2009 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...

1 Answer

Stove lights


We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.

Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 13, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Hotpoint Miscowave Space saver plus


We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.

Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 05, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Hotpoint RVM1425BA-003 Microwave Oven Stovetop Light Does Not Work


The problem is almost certainly on the control panel, which we repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

This often can affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inopoerable or stuck on.

If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and

disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

 

Oct 14, 2007 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...