Electrolux EWF1090 Frontloader: can program a wash but machine doesn't start when press Start button: door locks red light comes on, no error shown but LED light of Start button keeps flashing
If I press the button again it doesn't even unlock the door, I need to turn off and back on to unlock.
Also tried the sequence to reset the controller hold Start and an Option button, turn power on and wait till display starts flashing and self checking. But the problem persists.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Electrolux Diagnostic Mode
* Press the Cancel button to enter standby mode and enable diagnostic entry.
* Within 10 seconds after pressing Cancel , press any button to wake up the control.
* Within 5 seconds of wake up, turn the selector knob to the far left cycle and press and hold Cancel and far left
button under the display simultaneously for 3 seconds to enter the diagnostic mode.
To save time at wake up, the Welcome screen can be bypassed by turning the selector knob.
1. Upon entering diagnostic mode, all lights should flash for 1¼"x2" display models and all lights on for the 1¼" x
4 3/4" display models.
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water
should enter through the detergent compartment.
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water
should enter through the bleach compartment.
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and
cold water should enter through the softener compartment.
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The prewash solenoid will activate and cold water should
enter through the prewash compartment.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door
can be opened. When the door is opened, the drum light should turn on.
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The door lock will activate and the washer will fill then
tumble. Once tumbling has started, the boost heater will turn on.
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The drain pump will activate draining out any water in the
tub and the washer will operate in high spin.
9. Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start position. This is a free position. 10. Turn the program knob (9) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last 5 error codes with E00 being no error.
11. Turn the program knob (10) clicks from the start position. Latest software version will be shown.
12. If applicable, turn the program knob (11) clicks from the start position. This is a free position
Exiting Diagnostic ModeA) Unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord or
Turn the program knob clockwise back to the start position. Press the Cancel and far left button under the display
Family error code E40 is visible to customers and (could be E41,E42,E43,E44 and E45 only visible in service mode) means problem with open door or door interlock.
I suggest rapid reading alarm code when appliance is in normal operating mode (e.g. during the execution of the washing
Press and hold down START/PAUSE and any of the option buttons for at least two seconds: the LEDs initially switch off, and then display the flashing sequence corresponding to the alarm.
The alarm sequence continues as long as the two buttons are held down.
E41 - Door open
E42 - Problems of door closure
E43 - Interlock power supply triac faulty
E44 - Door interlock sensor faulty
E45 - Door interlock sensing circuit triac faulty
Door interlock faulty, wiring faulty or PCB faulty.
Good Afternoon Simo, thank you for allowing me to assist
you. Let's try resetting the washer by either unplugging it or flipping the
household circuit breaker to the off position. It is important to wait roughly
ten minutes and then turn unit on. Confirm that the door is properly latched
and try selecting a cycle. If resetting the power does not correct the issue,
it could potentially mean a number of things: a potential wiring failure,
damaged cord, faulty door latch assembly or control board. Because it could be
a number of any one of several underlying causes, it would be advisable to
contact an experienced appliance repair tech to assist further.
It might be teh same problem I have. in my case, teh machine works for a few seconds and then stops i.e. nothing else happens. no alarms go off either. In my case it appears that teh door interlocking device is faulty. You can by this spare part for around 22 euro. Replacing it is a bit tricky because you need to take off the locking device(the slot where the door locks into) and redo wiring. DONT mess up teh wiring becasue then you will need an engineer. Before you go looking for a spare part, you can take off teh interlock adn manual try to operate it. do this by turning on a wash and pressing teh two metal parts together on the lock.
Make sure you drain the machine first by setting a spin cycle manually and see if it releases the door after a few minutes. If that fails then switch off the machine and leave for 5 mins, door should release but you could end up with water on the floor. After this clean your filter and check you water pump, then try a short cycle without clothes.