Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Can't remember where a silver color 3 multi-angle clip came from in the back of the case.
HP doesn't publish this type of information for free dwonloading. Sorry.
Posted on Dec 06, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: HP Photosmart C6180 won't print
Ok, so it seems that there are a few different people with the same result but different issues.
If you are connecting over wireless network then first check the IP address on the printer. Push the setup button and then go down to network and then view network settings and then display wireless summary. There will be a host name and an IP address. Write down the IP address on a piece of paper and press cancel on the printer to go back to main menu. Now if IP was 169 or no link then the printer is not seeing the network and you need to go to setup - network - wireless setup wizard and follow prompts and check IP again - if still 169 or no link you have a router issue, otherwise you can continue.
Now go to your computer and check the IP address for it. The first three numbers should be the same - 192.168.1.4 for instance on printer should have an IP on computer of 192.168.1.7 or any number for the last one. If IP's are not the same for the first 3 then your printer and computer are not on the same network. If IP on printer is not on the same network then you will have to make sure that your computer is on your network and not on someone elses - if it is then run wireless setup wizard on the printer (see steps above) and then the IP's will match.
Now for all of you USB connectors the issue can be caused by 2 things and being able to copy is the key here. The printer is capable of printing but it is not receiving the print job which can be caused by connection or by software. Generally if software related you see some sort of error message in regards to an hp application or the print job itself. I will be honest that I am more mac technical so I will describe how to see it here - I have tried to search on a pc to no evail - you may have to try to print to see if you are connecting. On the mac click on the apple in the top left and go down to about this mac and then click on the more info button. On the left you will see a long list - click on USB and then to the right it will show you all items connecting with a USB - if printer is listed then you have a software issue - if not then it is the connection.
Scenario 1 - connection issue. This is caused by 1 of three things. Bad USB port on your computer, bad USB cable, bad port on the printer. First swap the USB cable into a spot that already has a working item in it if you can - if the printer is now connecting then you have a bad port on your computer. Still not working? Then lets replace the USB cable - preferrably from another working printer but you may have to purchase. Are you up yet? No? Well then it seems the port on the printer is bad and you will have to replace it - sorry.
Scenario 2 - software issue. If the issue is caused by software then you first must uninstall the hp software and then download the drivers by clicking on your operating system in the link and then going to the most recent version under the software heading.
Posted on Mar 19, 2008
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
Here's what you do. Take a look at the photo below.
Open the cover of the printer, where the ink cartridges are located. Behind the ink cartridges is the carriage, which is a box that moves side-to-side on a pair of rails. It's the thing that sprays the ink onto the paper.
You have to reach in with your hand and slide this thing to the center. Then, look to the very sides, left and right, for any bits of paper. If you look at the second picture, you can see my finger pointing to a small bit of paper that tore of and got jammed into the side. See the little crumpled bit of paper? It's preventing the carriage from sliding all the way to the right. You could have little bits on the right or left side. I had to reach in with needle-nose pliers to grab the paper bits out, but maybe your fingers are small enough.
Once the little bits of paper were out, I was back in business. Good luck!
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
just follow this steps may help you out otherwise you need to change it.
Check to see if the installed cartridge is the correct one for the printer. . If the cartridge is the proper part number, remove the ink cartridge and make sure all the packaging tape has been removed from the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge. Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again.
If the error continues, remove the cartridge again and clean the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge, and the contacts inside the printer, by following the instructions below:
1. Use a clean, dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Locate the copper-colored circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wipe the copper-colored strip with the dry cloth. Use an upward motion, from the nozzle end to the top of the cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the nozzle plate. Wipe the contacts only once.
3. To clean the printer contacts, carefully look for fibers or contamination on the electrical contacts inside the carriage assembly, but do not wipe the printer contacts with any object. The contacts in the printer can be damaged if too much pressure is applied during a wiping process. Try to remove any visible attached debris within the carriage assembly by gently pulling the debris off with your fingers. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, contact the HP Customer Care Center listed in the printer's User's Guide.
Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again. If the error continues,then you can go for repair or buy a new one .but i advise you to dont go for repairing bcoz it is 3 year old .
Have a nice day and do not forget to rate please...!
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2013 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 19, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 24, 2009 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 10, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 19, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 09, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: