Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console
1. how do I find the xbox from my PC
2. how do i transfer media to the xbox drive
3. xbox doesnt display most video files. why?
1. In the XBox configuration menu you set it either for a dedicated IP address or DHCP. If you set it for a dedicated IP address you can simply check the configuration for that IP address.
If you set it for DHCP then the easiest way is to download a network scanner (port or IP scanner) from a shareware site on the net - there are many free programs of this type just google for it.
Use the scanner to identify the systems on your network by scanning from xxx.xxx.xxx.1 to xxx.xxx.xxx.254 and then eliminate the ones that you know - your router/firewall, PC's etc.
2. Most XBox users transfer their files to their XBox using an FTP Server on the XBox. Depending on how modded your XBox is it may already have one. If not, there are many sites on the net that detail exactly how to set that up.
Once it is configured and turned on, you simply access the XBox via the FTP Protocol - you can do that with an application in Windows or even using the command line.
3. Because it does not have an application to do that already in place. Most users download one or several of the freeware video players from online sites and install them on their XBox.
There are a number of websites online that offer step by step details on how to do this and even rate the various programs. Google is your best friend there.
Posted on Nov 14, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
on Jul 15, 2011 | Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Body Only Digital...
on Jul 01, 2011 | Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Body Only Digital...
Plug the flash drive into the Xbox 360 USB port in the front of the machine. Hold the middle button on the Xbox 360 controller to boot the console.
Scroll to the "My Xbox" screen with the d-pad. Move right to the media option you want to access. For example, the "Video," "music" or "Picture" options are available.
Select the type of media by pressing the "A" button. The next menu is the same for all three options. Highlight "Portable Device" and then press the "A" button again.
Choose the content from the next menu. On the right side, pick the file or folder of the media you want to display with the d-pad. Press "A" again to select the folder or to play the media file.
Mar 06, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Apr 06, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 23, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 21, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 17, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: