- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This happened with my mates a few weeks ago, it was the blu-ray player drive that was broken and unfortunatly it was out of warrenty so he had to pay 100 quid! Check all discs, other games, dvds etc then if still not working its most probably that. Contact Sony!
it wont work no matter what i had the same problem so i got a replacement for free from sony and now my this one i got from sony as also broken cuz it wont turn on so just ring 08705998877 and tell sony about it and then u'll get a new one ....wont be brandnew it will be a refurb but atleast ya get one thats works
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not load the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
may be a dirty laser reader within the systems main disc drive. the laser read the data on the disc, so if it is dirty or blocked by an unkown material it wont read any discs or DVDs or Blu-Rays. i recommed calling sony about this issue as it is a main topic of disscussion right now. i too, have the same problem. dont worry though. its not your games.
I used to have a ps2 and experienced this exact problem. In my case the lense was dirty, I opened my ps2 and VERY carefuly wiped my lens with methelated spirit (becareful, some methelated spirits that contain oils ment to prevent their consumption, these must be avoided!)then blew out the whole system with a hair dryer. Reassembled it and VWALA! it worked like it was bran new or even better!