Question about Amana Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Maytag Washer lid switch
Ohm out the blue/ blk terminals on the sw (remove wire harnes first and notate wire color connection) with an ohmmeter-- Reading should be zero (closed lid position)
Then ohm the ylw and white sw terminals-- reading should be 0 as well.
If I am not mistaken this sw has a plunger that sticks out, if hte unit goes off balance this could push the plunger in. to reset- pull the plunger out
AFFORDABLE APPLIANCE REPAIR
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Hello there and welcome to fixya
From what you're describing it sounds like the drain pump is blocked. The nd error code indicates "no drain". If the unit can't drain it won't spin. You're going to have to slide the washer out far enough to remove the rear panel; be careful not to damage the floor. Once you get the rear panel off you will see the pump. Be sure to have plenty of towels & a small container to catch water. I am sending you instructions from the service manual to remove and replace the pump. Another possibility is the drain line is blocked or something is stuck in the tub to pump hose.
Posted on Nov 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Oct 08, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
May 10, 2016 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 16, 2016 | Amana Washing Machines
Nov 01, 2015 | Amana Washing Machines
Sep 24, 2014 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Apr 13, 2014 | Amana NTW4700YQ Top Load Washer NTW4700YQ
Feb 18, 2013 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 31, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: