Question about Samsung Televison & Video
I have a Samsung 60EH6003 TV. Recently, the picture on this TV would be fine for about 30 minutes. Then the image would freeze on the screen followed by the screen slowly fading to black. The sound continues. Based on recommendation from shop.jimmy.com I purchased and installed a new main board for the TV (part number BN94-06143A) Now the TV doesn't recognized any components are plugged into it at all. What do you recommend?
Check your installation: it looks like you didn't put every connector properly. If that doesn't help replace mainboard in the store: may be it's faulty.
Posted on Apr 24, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
You need to do some more diagnosing of the problem. If you get sound and change channels take a bright flashlight and place it again the screen. Look for an image around the edge of the flashlight.
If you see an image that means the LCD controller board (TCON) is probably good.
The problem is probably one of three causes;
1) Inverter board is bad
2) CCFT (cold cathode fluorescent light) are bad.
3) Power to the inverter board is bad. You can also check the connectors.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
This going to be tough one to figure out, but at least the back light inverter board and power supply are working, unhook it at least 1/2 hour?
You may have bad main logic board problem. Try reading my guide here and see how much the main baord may cost you.
Please see my basic troubleshooting guide here:
Posted on Jun 25, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks very much! That seems to have worked."
You may have problem with the T-C0N board, worst case will be the main logic board, try cooling the T-CON board with electronics freeze spray to see if the problem will go away, you can get it from Radio Shack.
If you are going to DIY and have proper tools and know safety precaution then please read on:
Please see my basic troubleshooting guide here:
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2015 | Samsung PN43E450A1FXZA PN43E450 43 720p...
Sep 15, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 12, 2015 | Samsung UN40HU6950 40 Inch Ultra Smart
Jan 03, 2015 | Mitsubishi Cooling Fan Set for WD-62530
Oct 27, 2012 | Televison & Video
Dec 05, 2009 | Cell Phones
Jul 24, 2009 | Samsung LE40B650T2 40 in. Full HD Crystal...
Mar 29, 2009 | Samsung SP-S4243 Television
Dec 14, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 13, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!