Error code on ps3......will load regular dvds but not games or blu-rays.....code 80010514 pops up
that error is caused by a bad section on your hard drive or a bad installation of firmware, the first problem also causes the later so its usually both. you can fix this problem by formating the hard drive and reinstalling the firmware, but you will lose all your data and saves this way unless you back them up. you can however fix this another way, by accessing the play station's recovery console.
You access it by
1. Start with having the system in standby (redlight is on)
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Press and hold the power button again and keep holding, it will beep as it turns on and then it will double beep. When you hear the double beeps immediately take your finger off the power button (if your system turns off before you get a double beep just try again and hold the button, it should double beep the 2nd time you try)
4. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
You will now have a screen with these options (I have attached a picture of this screen below)
1. Restart System: Restarts the
2. Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
CHOOSE THIS ONE 3.Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
4. Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the Playstation.
5. Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
6. System Update: Update the Playstiation System
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT CHOOSE THE WRONG OPTION HERE OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA. The one that fixed my blu-ray drive is option 3: RESTORE FILE SYSTEM
I REPEAT CHOOSE RESTORE FILE SYSTEM
if you chose restore file system just follow the prompts and your blue ray drive should work again.
Jun 12, 2011 |
Video Game Consoles & Games