My phone is not getting a good signal from the wifi, how can I fix this?
Unless the phone is directly on top of the wps key on gateway unit the wifi is not getting good signal the the signal is good then excellent. it acknowledges the authentication then it is disabled due to ??? i forget. but it dont work
Testimonial: "thanks Christina but im not sure that you read my question and read my extra verbage. i have tried everything and all my guests get a great signal. i got an error code1101? and another that said security cert. so i dont think blockage is the answer unless you may know where thr blockage is"
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
Re: My phone is not getting a good signal from the wifi,...
When you have trouble connecting to your wifi router, try connecting something else with the same settings. Only when that connection is working correct, you know for sure the connection is good and stron enough. Then you can check why it won't work on the phone.
Then there is no WPS on the gateway. WPS is one of the possible protocols you can use to encrypt the wireless connection. And if the authentication is not good, try setting up the router again. Use the manual. I can't help on that, because you forgot the mention what router you are using.
Testimonial: "hey harrie thanks a bunch for the info. here are some more details for you if you would like. the technicolor TC8305C xfinity/comcast router works great for all my guests that stop by. and it worked great for me as well . i briefly saw a notice in red coloring when i was surfing and it said error code1??1 i believe and another had read something about a security certificate. but as i said i was surfing and lost it. tried going back but had lost it and one of the guests used the wps to engage her mobile phone and it worked for her. im a loser"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'll give you some help on ANDROID. Go to apps, settings\ WiFi. Turn it on at top of screen. Any available WiFi accounts will show up. Then go to top right push the three dots, click advanced and make your choices. Click back to WiFi screen and click the WiFi you want to connect with, enter the key that your WiFi needs to connect, or use the WPS option if available on you WiFi. If the WiFi has WPS, push the button on the WiFi and connect your tablet or phone by pressing connect.
You're probably being prompted to supply the security key (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.) in order to connect to the WiFi signal. When you see this prompt, supply the key associated with the SSID by typing it on the device's (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.) keyboard. If you do not know the security key - you'll have to get it from the owner of the WiFi signal. If the device and the WiFi source BOTH supports WPS, you can select it on yur device and then press the WPS button on the WiFi source hardware and not need to type anything.
1) Can you get yourself into the Wifi router via a wired connection? If not you will need to get the "gateway" IP address. Try typing "cmd" (without the quotes) nto the run command box if you have a PC. This should open a screen with something like c:\xxxxx\xxxx> and your cursor (a box) should be blinking there. Type in "ipconfig" without the quotes. Push the enter key. Exam the results. You should see "gateway" in there someplace. It will have a numeric address in with 4 groups of digits seperated by periods/decimal points. Write that down. You can type "exit" to close the command prompt window.
2) Type the gateway number into the web browser of a computer that is wire connected to your Wifi router. eg. 192.168.0.254 for example. Don't type in the proceeding number unless that is actually what the gateway ip address is.
3) If everything worked right you are now at the Administration page of your Wifi Router. If it has a "setup" wizard run that. If it doesn't you really need to google in a separate tab the "quick install guide" for your wifi router.
4) Security hints. Your Wifi must use a WPA level of security encyption. WEP is very easy to hack. So is no encyption at all. Do NOT use the "WPS" automatic method for connecting your devices. Infact, turn it off if you can figure out how. Apparently it can be hacked with very little effort by a program that anyone can download.
5) One of the menus, often called "wifi security" is where your can put in an encryption password. Make it as long as you can with multiple words, numbers, special symbol and upper-case in usual locations.
login to your 2wire router using a computer that is connected , open a browser and type 192.168.1.254 on the address bar, once logged in look for wireless setting you'll find WPS setting /button click on that then push the WPS on your bluray player this needs to be done within a few seconds for the router and the bluray player to pair.
The reason you may wish to press a WPS button is to connect to a WiFi network. The WPS button will be on the router, not on your computer. If no WPS button on the router you will need to enter the WEP/WPA password to connect to the router.
CALL YOUR ISP FIRST. wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a standard for easy and secure wireless network set up and connections. Some of NETGEAR's products use the name Push 'n' Connect for WPS. To use WPS, your product must support WPS and be compatible with WPA security. WPS can automatically set up a random network name (SSID) and strong WPA wireless security for wireless routers, access points, computers, adapters, Wi-Fi phones, and other electronic devices. WPS lets you use a push button or enter a personal identification number (PIN) instead of manually entering a network name (SSID) and password:
Push button. The WPS button is either on the product or a clickable button on a wizard or utility screen.
Also check the WEP key as it may say the AP (access point) isn't there if the WEP is wrong.
Also some routers won't connect properly to the DS unless the IP,Gateway, and DNS are set manually.
If you choose to set the AP info manualy then you need to find the you AP's IP address. Commonly this would be 192.168.1.1 however it varies from one brand to another or may be changed manualy. Try these settins with the corrected IP adress number as the gateway.
IP Adress 192.168.1.152 (this is you'r DS IP adress. The 3rd digit should be the same as you gatway's 3rd digit. The fourth digit can be any number that isn't used on your network.
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DNS Pri 192.168.1.1 DNS Sec 192.168.1.0 (Usually I set the Gateway and DNS numbers the same and it usually works. The Gateway is the IP address of your wifi router.)
If this fails and all numbers are correct, then it may be that the WiFi router will not work with the DS as some brands simply refuse to work with it for unkown reasons.
Anohter solution is to get a WiFi USB dongle and connect to that.