Question about Invacare Pronto M51 Power Wheelchair
This could be a few things. You may have a bad motor, a bad cable, a bad brake unit that will not release, a bad controller.
Try the easy stuff first:
1. I would make sure the motor is plugged into the controller first. sometimes a bad connection will do this.
2. Check all the wiring to see if there is any damage to the motor and the brake (4 wires - the brake will have 2 black or white wires and the motor will usually have a red and black)
3. Listen for a clicking sound from the brake - if no click then it is very likely that it is bad.
4. Check the brushes - if they are less than 3/4 inch long, they are worn badly and need to be replaced. Usually if they are this worn the motor is going to run very rough - replacing the brushes will only be a temporary fix - you will need to replace the motors.
5.You can switch the motor leads and see if you get the same results - be careful - switching the motor leads makes everything run the opposite way (right would be left) - if the problem goes away, you had a bad connection.
6. If you still have problems, it would be best to get a tech to look at it.
I don't really think you have a bad controller. from what I understand, the chair runs, but only with 1 motor - if the controller was bad, it would not work at all.
Posted on May 08, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
The response rate on FixYa FREE questions is usually over 80%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question is unclear, incomplete, or poorly worded...
2. the question is mis-categorized - so the correct experts aren't viewing it...
3. the question requires an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately...
4. specific training, tools, or equipment are required to avoid injury or death...
5. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully...
Please feel free to re-work your question if you feel one of these may be the reason.
Of course you are not required - but converting your question to a PAID one usually increases the reply rate as well.
Normal rates for FixYa are...
$ 9.99 answer for one question.
$12.99 Live Real-Time online chat or premium e-mail support.
$29.99 Live Real Time phone support
Sometimes FixYa will run specials for unlimited questions via monthly subscription or reduced rates for limited periods.
Consider the savings that can be had when an informed Expert can save you a $100 service call, or a $350 trip to the car dealership.
Your problem solved - guaranteed! Or your money back!!
If you don't want to pay - feel free to re-submit your question so it returns back to the top of the work queue if you still need help.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2016 | Craftsman Revolution 42" Briggs Stratton...
Jan 24, 2016 | Murray Feiss Murray 27" Dual Stage Snow...
Jan 24, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 24, 2014 | Toro TimeCutter SS4260 - 22HP 42 Zero Turn...
Jan 30, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet K1500
Oct 04, 2009 | Pride Mobility Products New Pride Mobility...
Feb 20, 2009 | 1999 Kia Sportage
Nov 17, 2008 | 1996 Isuzu Trooper
Feb 09, 2008 | Bugaboo Cameleon Jogger
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!