Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

I need to replace my AC unit and want to use the same wall cut out footprint.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

  • Master
  • 388 Answers

What is the make / model of your air conditioner. With out that information i cant help you with your ac repair problem. If I know what ac unit you have i can give suggestions for what can fit.
Fix my ac

Posted on May 13, 2015


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Will the PoE Function of S2700/S3700/S5700 PoE Switches Be Affected When a 110 V Power Source Is Used?

When using Huawei power supply units, Huawei fixed switches supports 110 V AC input power. The power consumption of most powered devices (PDs) is 4 W to 5 W; therefore, 250 W and 500 W power supply units can provide sufficient PoE power for PDs.
All fixed PoE switches except the S2700-9TP-PWR-EI, S2750-20TP-PWR-EI-AC, S2750-28TP-PWR-EI-AC, S2751-28TP-PWR-EI-AC, S5700-10P-PWR-LI-AC, S5700-28P-PWR-LI-AC, S5700-28TP-PWR-LI-AC, S5700S-28P-PWR-LI-AC, S5701-28TP-PWR-LI-AC, S5700-52P-PWR-LI-AC, S5700-28X-PWR-LI-AC, and S5700-52X-PWR-LI-AC support double PoE power supply units.

Jan 10, 2017 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How do I replace an old obsolete wall air conditioner

Not really my thing but I'll have a go anyway. As far as I recall these units are wall mounted and are not connected to anything other than a power outlet. If I'm right then it should be fairly simple to remove it from its mountings. Disconnect the power lead and then (probably) remove the cover so that you can get at the mounting screws. If the mounting looks like the 'hook on' type just slacken the screws and lift the unit up and off the wall CARE it'll be heavy. If it's not the 'hook on' type you need to support it BEFORE removing the screws otherwise it'll drop like a ton of bricks. Once it's off the wall you should be able to find the ID plate which should have the BTU output and wattage which you need in finding a replacement. Just had a thought, it's possible that the ID plate is on the outside of the AC unit, in which case you've got the info before you remove the unit.

I have no idea where you would go to get a replacement, there's not much call for them in the UK. Good luck.

Jun 29, 2015 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Need same size replacement W x H

Getting an exact match might be hard. I would suggest starting with the same brand you have and go to their website and look at the specs page and that will show you what you would need to be looking for. The other option that I can think of is contacting a local appliance store in your area and give them the dimensions of what you are looking for and let them do the leg work and see what they can come up with for you.

Apr 22, 2015 | Ovens

2 Answers

What's a footprint tarp?

It is a tarp that fits exactly under the footprint of your tent, but is an inch or two smaller. If you have a 10' x 10' tent, your tarp would be about 9'10" x 9'10". If you have a triangle-shaped tent, your tarp would be triangle-shaped.

It is smaller than the tent so rain (etc) does not dribble down the tent wall, land on the tarp, and pool under the tent.

Jul 30, 2012 | Camping, Backpacking & Hiking

1 Answer

I have a problem with my Honeywell non-programable thermostat T8411R 1028. Screen is blank + AC won't come on. Home Depot and Lowe's do not carry this model and after looking online all I get is part is...

This thermostat is powered by the tranformer in the air handler. Before you change the thermostat, make sure the transformer is working. First check the circuit breaker for the air handler. If you have or can get a voltmeter, check for power on the transformer primary (120vac) and the output from the secondary (24vac). If you can't get a voltmeter then go to the thermostat and remove the face from the base plate. Use a piece of wire to jump power between the R and G terminals. The indoor fan should come on if the transformer is good. If it doesn't come on the transformer needs to be replaced. You are right about just replacing the face. It should work with the base that is already on the wall.

Sep 06, 2010 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater

2 Answers

Whirlpool heating/air window/wall unit-ground wire cut off

Normally that is connected to the unit in the casing and also to the ground that is part of the plug that goes into the outlet.

Good Luck!

Nov 12, 2009 | Whirlpool ACE114PP Heat Cool Wall Room Air...

2 Answers

The WII does not turn on, what do I check to fix it?

Usually, after a power outage, a power spike (when the power returns) can disable/blow the fuse in the AC adapter for the Wii.

- unplug the Wii's power cord from the wall, and leave it unplugged (from 5 mins. to 5 hours). Then, plug it back into the wall. (Unplugging the power cord from the back of the Wii will not help. You need to unplug the power cord from the wall.)
- This usually helps reset the fuse circuit in the AC adapter, and your Wii should work again.

- open the panel on the AC adapter box in the power cord; since the screws are proprietary, you will need to creatively use existing tools to turn the screws
- check the 3A fuse in that box; if it looks blown, then replace it

- it might be cheaper to replace the AC adapter with another one

- get the unit repaired

Hope that helps!

Aug 12, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console

2 Answers

Window or wall mount

The differance between a window and wall mounted A/C is the mounting system.
Window units are usually smaller BTU systems they set in the window, so you do not have to cut a hole in the wall to install it.
For a bedroom say 10 x 10 you can use @ 5000 btu it plugs into a standard 120 volt electric outlet. If the room is bigger then go bigger say @ 6000 btu or so. Take your room dementions with you when shopping for a unit. sometimes they have sizing on the side of the unit box.
Wall units are usually larger units. Like whole house 18,000 btu
they slide in and out of the case and use a 240 volt seperate circuit.
Best place to shop for A/C's are Home Depot, Lowes, Sams Club, B.J.'s, and Cosco they buy in large volumeusually give a Good deal I've seen 5000 btu units as low as $89.00
Just don't drop the unit out the window when installing it
From the second floor it will void your warranty. LOL
Good Luck Phil

May 19, 2008 | Frigidaire FAC124 wall/Window Air...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3087 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3074 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides