Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Is there any way to get a new picture tube for this model

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Televison & ... Master
  • 74,136 Answers

What is the model number to your TV? Brand name? Size of the picture tube? 14"; 19"; 20"; 21" etc. Type of the picture tube; full flat; cylindrical; semi-flat? CRT neck type? Broad or narrow?
Provide these details please. Without these, how can one post a solution to your problem?

Posted on Apr 20, 2015

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Picture tube

i suggest you to buy a new TV instead of replacing picture tube

Jun 25, 2012 | Polaroid Televison & Video

1 Answer

Standby light blanks 9 times and pauses - kp-51ws520 - no picture

9 times is a high voltage shutdown, usually having to do with the 200 volt line going to the picture tubes which were a constant problem in that model line.
on the crt cards there is a video output ic which has shorted causing the 9 blink error code.'
The chip has shorted because the picture tube is bad.
It can be any one of the 3 picture tubes in there and must be isolated by a process of elimination, just to get started.
the worse news is the picture tube itself is rarely available, and then only as a "rebuilt tube".
This is because these tubes failed so frequently in this model. CRT's themselves are becoming rare in general.
This is not a job for anyone other than a certified tech, but be advised...the likelyhood of saving this TV is very slim and would be cost close to the price of a new flat panel tv.
if you proceed, you will likely only get as far as paying a technician for an estimate who will simply deem the TV cost prohibitive and condemn the unit.

Apr 12, 2011 | Sony KP-51WS520 51" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

There is a bright spot on the middle of screen, of my model no 1100mb. model code ks21cnibhk/xtp

The picture tube is at fault.Since its at the center it indicates that the phospors at the center are burnt/faded & not able to reproduce the colors it was meant to. My advice would be to buy a new monitor since changing the picture tube is not cost effective

Dec 09, 2010 | Samsung SyncMaster 1100MB 21" CRT Monitor

1 Answer

There is no picture. Model TC1365B. Where can I purchase a tube?

hi,why did you want buy a picture tube?;did you break the tube by
some how,it will cost you a bundle more then buy a new tv...
for me i expect some electronic problem in the power supply or in the high voltage circuit or its may be just a fuse?!

regards alan .

Oct 05, 2010 | Emerson EWF2704 TV

2 Answers

My tv color is blue and red is my lamp out or what

no your optic block is going south u need a new light engine big bucks

Sep 20, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-55859 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Needs new picture tube How much will it cost to fix in Australia?

Heres a link to a website that has a large assosrtment of picture tubes. Leave them a email inquirery with your model number and they respond quickly.

Jul 19, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Magnavox model#55p288

I doubt its the picture tube, that model is most likely needing a new deflection board.

Sep 05, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 51MP392H Rear Projection...

2 Answers

I need a blue picture tube re-necked / rebuilt

Go to the following link and leave your model number in a email and list which tube you need, they have access to just about any new replacement tube that you need for Sonys. they dont list them all, but leave a email I am sure they will have what you need.Heres the link.

Aug 09, 2008 | Sony KP-65WV700 65" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

D52w20 rear projection tv

If you go to this link they have any Picture tube you need for your model and they include instructions on how to remove the old Tube and install the new one. Your model has picture tubes instead of lamps. Leave them an email with your model number and which CRT (picture Tube) youre needing they respond quickly. Heres the link.

Jun 19, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Arching in Picture tube socket

ok! the arching line is for screen grid, make sure your spark gap is in align! or much better replace a new one CRT socket then clean all CRT board area with laquer thinner...

Sep 26, 2007 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

49 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74136 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5105 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides