- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it sounds like the printer has not accepted the changed cartridge.
Try turning the printer off at the mains for 30 seconds then back on again, it sometimes works, or if that fails take out the cartridge's turn off printer for 30 mins then back on re insert inks and see if that works.
If it fails then there could well be a chip set failure on the cartridge you have replaced or maybe another cartridge within the set.
It's well worth saving the cartridge too as compatibles sometimes fail to be read by your printer but rarely the actual cartridges fail, you can put that same cartridge back in later for it to be accepted by the printer.
check maybe you are using different toner cartridge! i mean the same model of cartridge but there is a number of pins(teeth) on the cartridges... that's why it shows empty toner coz the toner are not dropping to the developing unit!
To reset the sensor after installing a new toner cartridge follow these steps.
1. With unit powered On, open the front cover.
2. Press the “Options” key. Display will show “Replace Drum?”
3. Press “Start” key.
4. Press 1,0 .
5. Display will show “Accepted” for approximately 2 seconds. Then display will change to “Cover Open”.
6. Close cover and see if Toner Life End error message has gone.
Try this. We are Brother authorized.
Those printer tonners are very tricky to refill and a bad refill induse on bad printing so you can clean the drum (the round green thing) with isopropilic alchool. If it continues it indicates that the blade ( inside tonner plastic blade that cleans the excess tonner powder) is durty and you can clean it too with the same alchool. If it continues replace the tonner cartridge.