Question about Tivax LSS-505 Model Michley Lil Sew & Sew Portable Sewing Machine, Double thread, double speed, Featuring 8 built-in stitch pattterns, Forward and reverse sewing, Automatic thread rewind, Sews sleeves, Drawer included, Use hand switch or foot pedal to star
It works for a minite and the titens up and whants to break with no tention
There are several possible reasons for this:
1. The machine needs cleaning / oiling. This can happen if you haven't used it for a while or if it's new, the oil dries up Follow the instructions in your owner's manual to see how to do it. Be sure to clean the bobbin area, as a bit of thread, lint or whatever down there can really bollox up a machine.
2. The needle is dull, incorrect for the application or not inserted properly. Change needles regularly, be sure to insert it with the flat side toward the back (most machines), and push it in all the way before tightening the screw that holds it in pretty tight (I usually do about a 1/4 turn with a screwdriver after finger tightening).
3. Be sure that you're properly threaded. Missing any of the guides on the front of the machine can cause this issue.
4. Check your tension and your tensioning disks (to be sure there are no stray bits of thread in them). If you haven't adjusted tension before, it would be a good idea to check your owner's manual and even to have a friend with more experience show you the first time. It is a bit tricky. There is, though a thing called a 'tension king' (a little plastic thingy) that can help if you can find one.
5. If none of this works, take it to the shop because it's probably the timing and that needs a professional to adjust.
Posted on May 02, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2017 | Bernina Sewing Machines
Sep 14, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Jun 01, 2011 | White Sewing Sewing Machines
Apr 27, 2011 | Brother Sewing Machines
May 17, 2010 | White Sewing Sew Cute SC20 Mechanical...
May 10, 2010 | Sewing Machines
Mar 26, 2008 | Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing...
Jan 01, 2015 | Tivax LSS-505 Model Michley Lil Sew & Sew...
558 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: