are you using a gauge? is this the 1.0L engine 3cylinders.
Trottle body injection (TBI) >
running or not?
the correct way to do this is measure at the fuel filter test port
ill quote the FSM
- Relieve fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the fuel inlet line at the fuel filter and install a suitable pressure gauge on the line.
- Connect a jumper wire between the terminals of the fuel pump relay connector and check the system pressure on the gauge.
- Fuel pressure should be 25-33 lbs.
- As the pressure reaches 33 lbs., the relief valve in the pump should pulsate the pressure so it is always within specification.
- If the pressure is above specification, check for restrictions in the fuel lines. If no restrictions are found, replace the fuel pump. If the pressure is below specifications, check for battery voltage to the fuel pump and correct as required. If battery voltage is found, replace the fuel pump or fuel pump relay.
- Before removing the pressure gauge, relieve the fuel pressure again.
- Reconnect the fuel line. Start the engine and check for leaks.