Question about Sewing Machines
If it is an older mechanical machine (vs computerized), your machine may need cleaning and oiling. Mechanicals need periodic maintenance to keep the metal parts moving otherwise the old oil will cause the moving parts to freeze. Check your manual.
Posted on Apr 19, 2015
1. Try to turn the hand wheel. Does the needle move?
2. Make sure the center wheel on the hand crank is tight.
Try the hand wheel now. If you still don't have luck try this.
3. Loosen the center wheel on the hand wheel. There is a small screw on the center wheel on the front or side. Loosen it until it almost comes out.
4. Now tighten the center wheel. (clockwise) Does the needle move if you move the hand wheel? If it does you can tighten the small screw.
5. If this doesn't do the job you will have to take the cover to the motor off. The motor has a bolt to loosen. As you loosen the bolt you can move the motor until it tightens the belt and makes it aligned as well. Run the motor slowly with the foot pedal and adjust the motor until it operates at it's highest speed. Now tighten. Replace all covers.
6. The belt is sometimes in need of replacing but not usual. You will know when you take the panel off.
Posted on Apr 17, 2015
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Feb 25, 2016 | Bernina BERNETTE 65 Mechanical Sewing...
Aug 13, 2013 | White Sewing Sewing Machines
Feb 13, 2011 | Sewing Machines
Sep 01, 2010 | White Sewing 2200 Multi-Tasker
Jan 29, 2010 | Sewing Machines
Feb 08, 2009 | White Sewing Fashionaire Sewing 2380...
Jan 12, 2009 | Sewing Machines
Jan 02, 2009 | Brother Disney PE-400D Computerized Sewing...
Oct 09, 2007 | White Sewing 2037 Mechanical Sewing...
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!