Question about Echo Garden
It depends on how much you like to tinker around with small engines and how much money you're willing to put into a 'back up' saw.
With new saw prices nearing $700 - $800 for pro series saws its easy to justify repairing them if you're capable.
Posted on Apr 21, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are 2 complete CS-750EVL saws on my local Craigslist.
Try here for Echo IPL:
If not your saw:
Type your model number into the search window.
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
SOURCE: No Start Echo CS 670
Sorry to echo the bad news you heard but... often metal transfer from the piston to the cylinder feels like compression. Try part 3 of this, Attempt to shine a light into the plug hole through while inspecting above the exhaust port. Most often in a run lean condition metal transfer occurs above the exhaust manifold.
Starter Handle difficult to pull:
1. Remove the starter cover.
• Inspect the flywheel and crankshaft under the starter cover. Are the woodruff key slots on the crack shaft and flywheel aligned and the key intact? If not; Please consider taking the saw to a good local saw seller/mechanic for a written diagnosis before authorizing any repair or ordering any parts; if yes continue.
• Does the starter operate smoothly? If yes, reinstall the cover and continue with 2, if not repair the starter.
2. Is the saw equipped with a decompression valve? Yes continue, no proceed with 3.
• Leave the ignition off, set the valve and pull the starter.
• Pull gently to release the valve. Is there a difference in the effort required?
• If yes continue with 3, if no repair or replace the decompression valve.
3. Was this saw perhaps operated in a lean condition (metal transfer from the piston to cylinder wall)? This may be caused by many things including but not limited to; leaky intake connections at the engine or carburetor; leaky crankcase seals; cracked fuel delivery lines; running on gasoline containing no 2-cycle oil.
• Disconnect the spark plug wire and remove the plug. Remove the muffler (clean it and the spark arrestor before reinstalling), hold a light at the plug hole and inspect the cylinder through the exhaust port. Is it smooth and shiny or does it appear speckled with dull gray spots or smears?
• Pull the starter slowly, inspect the piston as it rises and falls. Is it a dull gray without scratches and gouges?
• Hold the light at the exhaust port and look through the spark plug hole, inspect the cylinder above the exhaust port. Is it shiny and smooth or speckled with gray spots or smears?
Please Note: Any spots or smears on the cylinder or deep scratches and gouges in the piston indicate the saw was operated in a lean condition. Repair of this on a home owner quality saw often exceeds replacement cost. A repair estimate by an independent saw shop should be considered.
The cost of a P&C nears the cost of a new saw. Join here, search for acid and maybe you can get by with just replacing the piston. This is good bunch of folk that will offer all help possible.
ArboristSite Chainsaw thread (free to join)
An example of a repair here:
If you have more questions or need additional help please reply below and I will get back to you. HTH & Good Luck.
Thank You for using FixYa.
Posted on May 06, 2010
You will need to release the brake by applying a very heavy screwdriver to the + shaped part of the brake coupling. Check the action of the brake handle and duplicate it at the the +. Hope this helps!
Posted on Jun 26, 2010
SOURCE: Brand new Echo cs-400 chain
The manual is available here:
The idle speed of the negine may be too high.
Page 26 of the manual gives instructions for adjusting the speed with the "T" screw on the carburettor.
Posted on May 12, 2011
replace,ethanol in the fuel eats rubber,try to use gas without ethanol
Posted on Apr 07, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2016 | Olson Cool Blocks 5008 Delta 28-180, 160 &...
May 20, 2016 | Garden
Sep 14, 2014 | Echo Garden
Apr 15, 2011 | Husqvarna "Chain Saw - 16" Bar, 3 Hp
Jan 16, 2011 | 1992 Buick Roadmaster
May 11, 2010 | Remington Electric Pole Saw
Apr 30, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Oct 03, 2009 | Sears Craftsman 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw...
Dec 20, 2008 | Jenn-Air JDR8895AAS Dual Fuel (Electric...
Sep 19, 2017 | Echo Garden
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!