Question about The Toys
It has never gotten wet and was hung up and being used when it started happening. All together, there are about 14 pads that are puffed up (8 large square pads, 4 white and 4 black) and (5 large black triangular pads and 5 white large triangular pads). Is there a way to fix this problem or way to order new pads? I don't want to spend $200 buying a new one when it works fine and should be an easy fix.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The pads may need adjusting...However the physics behind all this says that when the pads are wet...there is reduced Friction...and hence lower braking power...this may be perceived as a worn out pad when it is wet....Try apply the brakes to dry the pads when driving and the sign should go off...
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
there is also an install video.
i have the same exact problem.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
This touchpad works with the same principle of a PC keyboard or a TV remote control: pushing the touchpad makes a shortcircuit between two electrical paths.
To fix the problem you need to clean the two contact surfaces that are in the bottom of the metallic film (the label where you can see de up and down arrow) and the upper surface of the electical paths (the touchpad chip) because they are dirty and their electrical properties (conductivity in this case)are missed.
Steps to fix this problems:
1. Take off the four tiny screws (two at both sides of your mp3)
2. With a very small screwdriver take apart the back cover of your mp3. Make it gently but firmly the first time it seems hard to separate it, but the back cover do not has anything more to be retained on its position. Before totally separte the back, take notice that: A) The battery is scticked to the back cover and you need to disconnect the cable that connects it to the circuit board. Separate them carlessly will break the connector or the thin cables, it will be very difficult to repair this failure; B) there are two plastic chromed pieces at the upper side of the mp3 (the ring for the strap and a large one rectangular piece that seems to reforce the audio out plug connector. Take notice how this chromed pieces are in place in order to reinstal it again latter. They will pull down because pressure only mantanis them in position.
3. With the back cover pulled apart you can see two more identical screws to the four you retired on step 1, These screws are almos at the midle of the body of the mp3. Take off this two screws.
4. Now you can take off the front cover.
5. Once the front cover is pulled out, you can see the touchpad in it's positon, take off the plastic outher square (the one that has the marks Tun On, Forward, Backward and Return) it's easy to do so.
6. Now you can see clearly the piece that don't works: the touchpad. You need to separate it from the mp3´s body. There is a flex cable that connects the touchpad to the back of the printed circuit, on the circuit board there is a connector that secures this flex cable to the board, don't pull out ,at this moment, the cable...
7. You need to take notice that the connector has two tiny brown and rectangular plastic pieces at the left and the right of the conector. This pieces, when pulled in, secures the flex cable to the connector, and when pulled out release the pressure that secures it and you can take in or take out the flex cable. Don't try to move the secures before read ...
8. With a tiny screwdriver move out (in the same direction of the flex cable) the tiny brown and rectangular pieces no more that one or two milimeters or you can broke them and can't ever make a good electrical contact, you need to be very careful to avoid damage this plastic fragile pieces.
9. Once you move this plastic secures, you can retire the flex cable from the connector, pull out to do this.
10. Now you can retire the touch pad and put it appart of the mp3.
11. With the touchpad on your hand you can see (use a magnifier to see details) that the "metal" area where you push with your fingers to control the options of the mp3 is only a tiny label, and I can tell you that this label is sticked with adhesive to the plastic "chasis" of the touchpad.
12. On one side of the touchpad label you can pull in the tip of a tiny screwdriver in order to separate the metal label of the plastic chasis. Find it and begin to separate this label, the adhesive is not too firm, once you start to see that you can separate it without damage (believe me, is too difficult to damage the metal label by separating it) you can separate totally the label from its site.
13. Once separted the label, you can see that its bottom side has a black square, this square is electrical conductive, its surface has to be clean showing an uniform black color, if you see that has dust or anything else you need to clean it up. To do that, use a pencil´s eraser to rub up the surface. The pencil's eraser has tritured crystals that works like a light sandpaper and cleans all substances that prevents the electrical properties of this black material. Finally use ethyl alcohol or electrical contact cleaner, spray it over the black square and use a tissue to make a trully clean surface (it must have the same black color and looks glossy while you see it against a light source)
14.Now you need to clean the other electrical conductive black surface that reamains in the body of the touchpad. If you pay attention, you can see electrical paths, this paths works the same way like a keyboard or remote control to sense when you touch a key or a button. This black surface needs to be cleanead the same way you did in step 13.
15. If you make a good cleaning process that restores the electical conductivity of both surfaces, the fix is maked, you now have a Samsung´s YP-Z5 mp3 working again. You need to return all unmounted pieces to its position.
16. To mount (stick) the label over the plastic chasis of the touchpad, you don't need another glue, the same that remains in the label, incredibly is reusable. I recommend that before stick up the label mount on its position the plastic square that has the marks of Power On, Back, etc and then stick over the metal label (doing so, makes easy to align the edges).
17. Reconect the flex cable to the circuit board, secure it pull in the brown rectangular plastics of the connector to its original position.
18. Put the front cover of the mp3 on its original position.
19. Restore the two screws in the back of the circuit board, this screws needs that front cover will be on its position in orfer to tighten up.
20. Return the back cover to its position, don't forget the top plastic rectalngular and chromed protector and the ring for the strap.
21. Restore the outher four tiny screws and...
22. Ready, check your mp3. It must works now!
Posted on May 19, 2009
SOURCE: white screen!!
i need help too.. please help me?
my screen is ALL white and the touch screen isnt working anymore.
please help me!
i love this phone.. i dont want to get a new on
but it looks like i have to;
i really need help!
reply as soon as possible pleaseee!
thank you :)
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2013 | Viper Eclipse Electronic Dartboard"
on Dec 23, 2009 | Dishwashers
Jul 20, 2013 | 2004 Kia Spectra
Jul 26, 2012 | Sport & Outdoor - Others
Jul 29, 2011 | Ovens
Mar 23, 2010 | Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2010 | Halex 64339 Match Play Electronic...
Dec 23, 2009 | Dishwashers
Aug 15, 2009 | 1992 Volvo 940
May 22, 2009 | 2005 Volkswagen Touareg
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: