Question about Poulan Garden
No spark after replacing module
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: poulan wt 200 blower, no spark
are you sure there no spark sometimes u cant see it in daylight. if there is no spark you need to trace the wire down inspect for damage and inspect for loose/rusty connections. then let me know
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
Ok. Good job on doing what you could, right off! The simplest things are the most overlooked, and the most unforgiving.
So, you know your plug is wet, so you got some fuel flow.
Now let's figure out the plug no-fire problem. (This is under the assumption you haven't beat on this blower with a sledge-hammer at one point. The whole "key-way" is fried thing.)
1. Grab ahold of that plug THEN crank away. One time will tell you yes or no on spark. No, I am not joking, and yes, it is better than staring at the end of a plug and wondering if your eyes are bad.
In fact, better than a cup of coffee......in a bad way.
2. Check your kill switch. It is either: Grounding, or Open (open like it should be, UNTIL you push it, click it, or slide it, whatever you got). One CHEAP and fast way: Unhook the kill switch.
Then crank away. No spark? Not the kill switch then!
3. Check your spark plug GROUND. Let's say you got some shocking results from grabbing onto that bad boy. NOW check where the plug meets the cylinder head when she is screwed down in there. Believe it or not.....if it is funky, she won't ground right!
Hence, no worky.
4. You got no spark at all.....STILL. Let's look over your Spark Plug WIRE. Is she wore through? Is SHE grounding out? Has she heat failed? Then do #5.
5. STILL no spark. Let's check the last 2 things......
Rotor Magnets, and Magneto (ignition coil).
IF you have a volt/multi-meter, hook her up to the plug wire. No juice = Bad Magneto, or Bad Plug Wire. SOME juice = Good Magneto, but Bad Plug Wire (in some mowers/weedeaters, etc., remember that the Magneto is where the kill switch hooks too.
See if it is somehow grounding you out, by being loose but still touching the cylinder, etc.)
6. Failing Magneto. This can happen, and it does. You get SOME juice, just not ENOUGH juice. 2-Strokes make a lot of heat, even Magneto's give up the ghost after a while, sometimes. In this case, find a replacement!
Posted on May 30, 2009
I want to know how you are testing for spark. Are you using an inline spark tester? If not, go to the local auto supply house and buy an inline spark tester. It should be less than $10 (US).
If the ignition module is good, and the spark plug is good, and the kill wire is disconnected, and you are using an inline spark tester, then the only unknown component is the flywheel. The flywheel has the magnet that fires the ignition module.
Remember, that spark, fuel & air are not the only things required to make an engine run. You must also have compression and timing. If the cylinder is not building 100+ psi compression, or if the flywheel has slipped on the crankshaft, then the engine won't "fire up" and run. You can visually inspect the cylinder for scratches by looking in through the exhaust port, just remove the muffler and look in with a flashlight. The walls of the piston and cylinder should be very smooth and slightly dark.
Posted on Dec 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 23, 2014 | Poulan 30cc 2cycle Backpack Blower
Jul 05, 2012 | Poulan Garden
Mar 07, 2012 | Poulan 25CC Gas BlowerVac
Mar 30, 2011 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
Jul 10, 2010 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
Jun 07, 2010 | Poulan Weed Eater Electric Blower/Vacuum...
Nov 22, 2009 | Poulan Garden
Aug 15, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Bvm200le 711482 24cc...
Jun 17, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater #Wt200 711724 24cc Gas...
Sep 02, 2017 | Poulan Garden
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!