Question about In Microwave Ovens
Microwave ovens have a lot of safety devices built in. Not sure why or where it was smoking from but without removing the cabinet and having a visual look for something burnt, it would be impossible to say. If the machine is now working OK, ??? who knows. All I can say is that for the next few future uses of the machine, I wouldn't leave it unattended in case there is something that has failed. Chances of fire in a microwave is possible but this is usually something that you are cooking that catches fire, not the machine itself. I have seen the mica cover plate burn in the cooking compartment. It may be that ? Its a small squarish plate that is usually on the side of the oven compartment. It stops food etc and splatters from going into whats known as the waveguide tunnel (The part where the microwaves come out) On some machines, this cover may be plastic. Have a close look inside the oven compartment for a cover that has burn marks or discoloration.
Posted on Apr 13, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: humming sound when off
I also have the same microwave model and with the same problem. It is not quite 2 years old. I have a service call scheduled but did e-mail customer service at Whirlpool to inform them of this. Sounds like it could be defective model and a fire hazard. You should also inform them of yours.
Posted on May 16, 2008
REMOVE THE CABINET AND IT SHOULD BE CLOSE TO THE POWER INLET ON THE MOTHERBOARD IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLD GLASS TYE FUSE BUT MADE OF CERAMIC. GO TO www.repairclinic.com ENTER MODEL NUMBER, SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN N CLICK THE RED 100. FROM THERE LOOK FOR PART 634759 1055598 634750 1055589 1469078 ONE OR MORE OF THESE COULD BE THE CULPRIT START WITH THE LINE FUSE.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
SOURCE: won't work
unplug your microwave; remove the top under the top you will see a small white cylinder
(a ceramic fuse) it looks like a glass fuse only made of white glass replace this they are sold at radio Shack
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
SOURCE: Microwave Smokes
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
No! there is no reset, the power surge has more than likely damaged the keypad controller, and on the back is a circuit board that has the microprocessor with additional components that controls the vital areas of the microwave oven. If that is gone, it is cheaper to replace than to repair.
Posted on Feb 06, 2011
Testimonial: "thanks for your info."
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 07, 2014 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
May 12, 2011 | Magic Chef MCO160UQ Microwave Oven
Dec 29, 2010 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Apr 17, 2009 | Panasonic NN-SD997S Microwave Oven
Jan 03, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
Oct 21, 2017 | In Microwave Ovens
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: