Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
There could be several reasons why a mouse doesn't work
- Does it move the cursor at all? if the movement is jerky, or ok in one direction and not another then it might just need cleaning (if it has a ball and rollers inside - although not if it has a laser light shining from the bottom when you turn it over)
- Does it connect to your PC using a cable - USB or PS2 (older round connector)?
- If USB, try unplugging it from one USB port and plugging it ito a different one on the PC/Laptop
- If PS2 these have to be plugged in when the PC/Laptop boots up - You can't swap them while the PC is running - try connecting it and rebooting
- If it's a wreless mouse, it will have a battery inside - has this run down and need to be replaced? - Try swapping the USB receiver from one port to another on the PC
- Or It might actually have a hardware fault - It's quite rare but not unheard of - Mouses are often very cheaply made
Posted on Apr 12, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 20, 2010 | Apple Mouse
Feb 13, 2010 | Logitech Cordless Mouse
Dec 02, 2009 | Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse
Aug 10, 2009 | Logitech Cordless Mouse
Jul 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2008 | Targus AMW15US Mouse
137 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!