An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: lost power to my house, came back on outlet has power...
There is a battery backuo in the radio. This is probably powering the clock. It looks like the radio power supply is either fried or the hardwired fuse is blown.
Take a look at the manual. If you take out the battery back up does the clock still work? GPX MP3 Player KC232S user manual
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have had several different makes of clock radios and all said that it was battery back up for power failure
none worked and all settings had to be redone
power surges do not trip breakers as they are in effect a fuse to prevent damage to the wiring in a dead short situation or when a unit fails
even surge protectors will still pass power after a surge but will no longer protect against another surge
Let me ask a few questions: The items mentioned, radio, clock and power outlet...are these the only items not working? does the instrument panel light? Also , does the cigar lighter work? Lastly check fuse # 7(40A) in the battery junction box
Not a solution, just a safety measure. Please keep this unit unplugged until you find a solution for safety's sake. You didn't mention the brand, but some ovens have been starting on their own while the owner is away and causing an explosion and a house fire.
Not intended to offend; 1. If using A/C (house electrical power), please check if electrical wall outlet is active. Attempt to plug-in another electrical device such as a lamp, clock, radio, etc.. If the electrical wall outlet has top and bottom plugs, try the top and then the bottom plug to see which one works. Sometimes, the top outlet will not work, yet the bottom outlet does work. The wall outlet should be replaced by qualified technician. 2. If both outlets do NOT work, and the outlet is GFCI breaker protected, maybe pressing the RESET switch on the outlet will power-up the outlet. 3. If the outlet is NOT GFCI breaker protected, check your electrical fuse box for a tripped fuse. Sometimes, a tripped fuse is NOT visible. May have to trip the specific fuse or all fuses to off, then back on. Recheck the wall outlet. 4. Once your know the outlet is live, check the power cord (a/c adapter for laptops) to make sure they are securely plugged-in to both the wall outlet AND the PC or Laptop.
Will need more information once the above steps are taken:
Is it a Desktop or Laptop? Make and Model (if known)? Any lights (glowing) on the desktop or laptop? Any lights on the A/C adapter if its a laptop?
Sounds like the main power supply may have gone bad and you are strictly running off the battery. This is why it works fine for a while when you install a new battery, that is until that battery drains and gets too low. The radio won't play because it is preserving battery life. I bet you could unplug it from the wall and would get the same results. You essentially have a battery powered clock right now. To test this theory simply remove the battery, plug the clock up and see if it comes on. My guess is it will only work with the battery installed.
Try hooking it up to another (working) electrical outlet. If that doesn't work, there's several possible problems.
The most likely is that the box was fried when a larger-than-usual current traveled down the line (or even down the coax if lightning struck and your system isn't adequately grounded); the electrical outlet is either pushing too much or too little power; or your house's ground polarity is reversed.
More than likely your box is bad. If you don't know very much about electrical systems, don't go messing with your ground or any outlets without a wall plate.
This problem sound like you have had some damaged to the earth ground in your electrical wiring system. You should have a electrician thoroughly test the electrical outlets and wiring in your house or apartment. You should be very careful using any electronic equipment with a problem like this. Your Clock/Radio should be unplugged from the a/c wall socket and the internal battery removed. This will allow the microprocessor that controls all the Clock/Radios functions to reset. The Clock/Radio should be left unplugged for a period of a few hours to discharge the microprocessor. This will help the microprocessor to heal itself from the lightning strike. You will need to get the ceiling light fixed. There might be a shorted wire or something causing its failure. This could also be a burnt wire. Lightning power overloads can be very dangerous to all electric and electronic equipment. Try putting your clock Radio on a rubber mat to isolate it from any traveling static electricity that may be in the air. Try to discharge any static electricity that may have built up on your hands by discharging it on a piece of metal like a screw driver or metal surface.Do this each time before you try to use the clock/Radios button functions. This will stop further damage from occurring during you handling of the Clock/Radio. After discharging the microprocessor, reassemble the battery into the Clock/Radio and plug in the wall socket. The operation should return to normal. If not you may have more serious damage to the microprocessor. You can call the Emerson Customer support at this telephone number 1-800-898-9020. Give then the make and model number of your Clock/ Radio and ask them for assistance. I hope this information helps you with your problem.
This might sound silly, but does anything else work in that same power outlet? I trust the battery has been put into the handset. Another power outlet might work as well. (Especially if you're trying to plug it into a power strip. You'll want to try plugging directly into the wall.)
For the Clock/Radios that are having problems with the clock display and settings. You will have to reset the Clock/Radio's microprocessor. To do this you must unplug the Clock/Radio from the wall outlet and remove the internal battery. You must let the Clock/Radio set with no power for at least 1 hour to discharge the microprocessor circuits. The microprocessor should then be able to reset itself. You can then reinsert the battery and plug the Clock/Radio into the a/c wall outlet. The functions should have reset and be working normally. If this does not solve the problem, try putting in a new battery (CR2430). Before putting in the new battery, unplug the clock radio and remove the old battery and let it set again for a few hours this time to try to reset the microprocessor. If this does not solve the problem (This includes the person with the complete Clock/Radio operation failure) you can call the Emerson customer support at this telephone number 1-800-898-9020. Give them the make and model number of the Clock/Radio. Tell them the problems you are having with the operation of the Clock/Radio and ask them for assistance. I hope this information helps you solve the problems your are having with your Clock/ Radios.