Question about Bush Dishwashers
It is the warning on the front door. The rinse aid container is full but still the warning light will not go out.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The rinse aid light means you are out of rinse aid. The salt light means you have to add salt to your built in water softener. If the drain/intake light is on, that is when you have a problem. It will flash when there is a problem. You have to count the flashes and that will tell you what the error is.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
I did the same thing with my Maytag dishwasher, several times actually, before realizing I was putting blue dish soap in the rinse aid compartment which then wouldn't empty. Then my Maytag started making ominous noises during the rinse cycle (appliance guy said it was "cavitation" noise).
Appliance guy wanted to replace the whole detergent/rinse aid compartment but since he told me the noise was probably caused by the dish soap stuck in the rinse aid compartment, I decided to try to get rid of it first. Here is the method that worked for me; it took most of a day but saved me parts & labor:
1. Get some white vinegar--I used nearly a quart.
2. Fill the rinse aid compartment to brim with the vinegar (overfill) but don't put cap on
3. Raise the dishwasher door slowly until the vinegar drains into the lower part of the chamber (at least this is how my Maytag worked)
4. Agitate the contents as best you can by rapidly shaking the dishwasher door up & down.
5. I also used a small plastic medicine dropper jammed into small openings on each side of the rinse aid compartment to agitate the vinegar by squeezing air into them.
6. Drain the compartment by closing the dishwasher door (move it to full vertical)--vinegar will drain into the bottom of the dishwasher.
7. Repeat above steps a couple times, then fill again w/vinegar, put the cap on and let it stand for awhile. Then drain and repeat the whole routine several times.
8. Blue-colored vinegar will come out which is a good sign (or whatever color your dish soap was).
9. After awhile, I started pouring generous amts of very hot tap water thru the rinse aid compartment, alternating with white vinegar. (No reason you can't use hot vinegar also.)
10. Eventually, all the blue stuff came out & the see-thru levels of the rinse aid compartment were completely clear/empty.
11. Run the dishwasher (I decided to not put any rinse aid in). I got some overfoaming (from the washed out soap) the first time I ran it which I probably could have remedied by adding more vinegar & possibly salt, but the noises were gone!
I just ran the cleaned out dishwasher a 2nd time & it was back to its quiet self with no overfoaming.
Takes some patience but hey, beats a big repair bill!!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
the cap doesn't come off, you just have to open the door all the way. then, when you pour the rinse aid into the dial area, it will get sucked into the dispenser. but if the door isn't open all the way it won't go anywhere and will overflow on you.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
I had an identical problem with the salt and rinse aid lights on the left and the drying and end lights on the right flashing shortly after switching the dishwasher on. When I pulled it out, as this was the only way to look at the pipework, I noticed a big kink in the water hose. Removing this and obviously sorting out the flow problem has resolved the issue.
Posted on Apr 08, 2010
Phone Bosch 08448 928 979 for a step by step solution. Program select at 12 o'clock. Press ON/OFF and Time Delay button together. Press time delay button, display should change from 1 to 0, indicating warning light is inactive.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2015 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Feb 05, 2008 | Electrolux 18 in. ESL4114 Slim-Line...
Jun 07, 2014 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Jul 20, 2011 | Miele Dishwashers
Jun 25, 2010 | Dishwashers
May 12, 2010 | Magic Chef CDB1500AW 24 in Builtin...
Mar 04, 2010 | Dishwashers
May 22, 2009 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2465 Front Load Washer
Apr 10, 2009 | Maytag 24 in. DWU7402 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 08, 2008 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: