Question about Audio Players & Recorders

Open Question

Can a powered subwoofer with external in and out speaker Jacks be used with RT2600? If so, how?

Posted by on


3 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: connect powered subwoofer

  • If your receiver has a dedicated subwoofer line level output, we recommend connecting your subwoofer to this jack. Most receivers will have just one (mono) subwoofer output, while quite a few subs require two inputs. You can use an RCA "Y" adapter cord , which is a cable with one female RCA jack at one end, and two male RCA plugs at the other. Some receivers require menu settings (such as "sub-on" or "front speakers-small") that must be made before the sub output will be active.

  • Posted on Jan 07, 2009

    • 8531 Answers

    SOURCE: can we use the subwoofer

    I don't believe this hookup is amplified; but, if you have used the regular unfiltered speaker connections from your receiver/amplifier to hookup the subwoofer, the system will pass the signal thru the outputs subject to the crossover adjustment on the back panel. You cannot get the full signal if your system is sending only the bass signal to the subwoofer. I have copied the instructions below from the manual. You would set the high freq crossover to the low end of your satellite's frequency range. The full manual is here:

    High-Pass Control
    • If you hooked up your subwoofer
    as shown in Hookup
    3 on page 4, you also have
    the capability of adjusting
    the high-pass frequency.
    The High-Pass control
    determines the frequency at
    which the main speakers
    will start reproducing
    sounds. If your main speakers
    can comfortably reproduce
    some low-frequency
    sounds, also set this control
    to a lower frequency
    setting, between 50Hz –
    100Hz. This will concentrate
    the subwoofer’s
    efforts to the ultradeep
    bass sounds, while your
    main speakers continue to
    reproduce the mid-bass
    information. If you are
    using smaller bookshelf
    speakers that do not extend
    to the lower bass frequencies,
    set the high-pass crossover
    control to a higher setting,
    between 125Hz – 180Hz.
    With this setting, your main
    speakers will not have the
    burden of reproducing any
    low-frequency sounds.
    • If you hooked up your subwoofer
    as shown in Hookup
    1 on page 3, the high-pass
    frequency is fixed at 180Hz.
    • If you hooked up your subwoofer
    as shown in Hookup
    2 on page 4, there is no
    high-pass control. Unless
    your receiver/amplifier
    incorporates a high-pass
    crossover, your main speakers
    will continue to get a
    full-range signal.
    Final adjustment and blending
    of the low-pass and high-pass
    controls may evolve over several
    listening sessions. A good
    starting point would be to set
    both the low- and high-pass
    controls to the same frequency
    and adjust from that point.

    Posted on Sep 07, 2010

    Add Your Answer

    Uploading: 0%


    Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



    Related Questions:

    1 Answer

    How should i connect my subwoofer- is it directly to the speakers or amplifier?t

    I'm assuming that you are using a standard amplifier with L and R speaker outputs if a stereo Amp.... or L and R and SUB standard RCA output jacks. If it is a more complicated setup, having surround sound speaker jacks, then look for a SUB OUT jack or plug.
    Some Subwoofers are self-powered, having their own, built in amplifier especially designed for that model. Sometimes they require a SUB connection and a power supply to the 110V AC house power too. These sometimes need a connection to a standard 3.5 mm HEADPHONE jack output plug. If it's this type, then the front of your amplifier could have one. Either way, the musical signal from amplifier to the subwoofer must be available on your Amp AND be received by the type of subwoofer you are using.

    Mar 04, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders

    2 Answers

    Power light

    Hi Bill, I believe the power problem is related to the Remote wire which should be blue or yellow. The remote wire is suppose the turn the Basslink on and off when the radio is turned on and off. The yellow wire is normally used for power antenna. Traditionally the remote wire is blue. You can use a Speaker level adapter and splice in with the L/R rear speaker wires, and the adapter will convert the speaker level to line level. The output of the adapter will go to the Rear speaker input on the basslink., Write back if you need more detail on the adapter.

    Oct 07, 2007 | Infinity BASSLINK Car Subwoofer

    1 Answer


    If one choses to use an external amplifier one takes the pre out and connects that to the in of the external amp.

    If one uses an external mixer and wants to use the amp and speakers in the cabinet, the output of the mixer is connected to the Power Amp input.

    HINT: DO NOT use these jacks... the jacks have switch contacts that pass the preamp to the power amp and if you use the jacks, sometimes these contacts fail and then you have to open the amp and restore the contacts to get it to work.

    The jacks are really weak and EASILY damaged as are the guitar inout jacks if the cables are yanked sideways.

    ALWAYS loop your cables through the handle so if they are yanked they don't damage the jacks.

    Sep 23, 2010 | Fender Frontman 212R 100W 2x12 Guitar...

    2 Answers

    What kind of wire do I need to connect the subwoofer to the av-d58? The subwoofer is the same that came with the receiver but I have somehow misplaced the connection wire.

    Without knowing more about the subwoofer (powered, passive, what kind(s) of input it takes, I have to take a wild guess. Most powered subwoofers use the old standard RCA cable. I there are two jacks on the sub for Left and Right input you just get an adapter to make the cable plug into two jacks.

    Dec 01, 2009 | Aiwa AV-D58 Receiver

    1 Answer

    Multiple Video Sources hooked to RT2600, but only DVD shows

    I own the RCA RT2600 Home Theater System. I have never set it up, it has never been used. I have someone who wants to buy just the receiver and nothing else. I am wondering what you paid for just the receiver? I don't want to break up the system but I need money right now. I am open to suggestions as to what to do and how much to sell them for.


    Jan 17, 2009 | RCA RT2600 System

    1 Answer

    Is there any way to connect bose cinemate to a receiver and not just to the tv or dvd?

    Yes: Connect them to the receiver jacks labeled "line out" if it has them.. Or if your receiver has two sets of jacks called "Preamp Out" and "Power Amp In", you can connect the Bose system to the "Preamp Out" jacks. But of course, then you can't use the receiver's power amplifier or any speakers connected to the receiver's speaker outputs, unless you do some creative wiring outside the unit. You can do it using standard RCA Y-adaptors if you have the "Pre Out/Power In" jacks. If you have Line Out jacks on the receiver, you can use both the Bose and your receiver speakers at the same time, or separately.

    Dec 27, 2008 | Bose Cinemate Digital Home Theater System...

    1 Answer

    I've found an RCA RT-2600 HT for $10. Receiver showed "overload", now won't power. It's also missing a rear speaker. Is the receiver fixable? If not, what receivers are compatible w/the subwoofer? ...

    There may be a fuse inside the cover. I replaced the 2 front and 2 rears with pioneer S-HF21-lR 2 way,100 watters. they are bookshelf size speakers, but trust me they rock. you wont be disappointed. im pwering them with a sony receiver. no problem. if its a typical rca sub, its non powered and will work with about any receiver. Steve

    Dec 20, 2008 | RCA RT2600 System

    2 Answers

    Pioneer VSX-505S Subwoofer Installation

    That type of subwoofer is not used with this receiver. This receiver actually outputs no power for a subwoofer, therefore only needs a plain ol' rca signal wire. This is due to the fact that you need a powered sub... one that you plug in to the wall and it has its own built in amp. you simply run an rca from yyour 505s to that sub.

    Feb 10, 2008 | Pioneer VSX-505S Receiver

    1 Answer

    RCA RT2600 Speakers stopped working.

    I bout mine used an it has absolutely no problems you probably got one that they knew wasnt really working in the first place.

    Jan 25, 2008 | RCA RT2600 System

    1 Answer

    No sound from subwoofer

    have you checked for the continuity of the wirings? check for the resistance of your speaker from it jack..... it should measure close to 8ohms or 4ohms using a digital multimeter (DMM). check also the sub out jack of your reciever if there is a signal from it using your main speakers if they come with jacks also (turn the volume low to prevent damage to other speakers you connect on it!

    Nov 07, 2007 | Tannoy Sensys 7 Speaker

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Audio Players & Recorders Logo

    Related Topics:

    77 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


    Level 3 Expert

    102366 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    5151 Answers

    The Knight
    The Knight

    Level 3 Expert

    74383 Answers

    Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides