Question about Water Filters & Coolers

1 Answer

How do i change the spigots - Water Filters & Coolers

Posted by on

    SEAB LUTTRELL Apr 11, 2015

    I'm trying to change the spigots on a Sunbeam water cooler,model YL2-27CH2. I don't know if they turn clockwise or counter clockwise.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Master
  • 2,899 Answers

The one I made a change, it was like a rubber cork that you just pull out and a push new one in.
Hope this helps.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I misplaced directions on how to tighten the spigot. Need to know, please

Looking at close-ups of the picture, it has a standard type spigot assembly for a glass-walled beverage vessel. There's a spigot on the outside, with a threaded hollow shaft behind it, a soft compliant gasket between it and the glass, the glass, another gasket, and an internal screw. Looking closely at a picture, such as the one here (
Shangri La 320 oz Beverage Dispenser ), you can even see the hex-head on the internal nut. With the container (hopefully) empty, get a medium sized crescent wrench or slip joint pliers, reach in and grab the nut. With the other hand, hold the spigot and make sure it's square (spigot pointing down and not off to the side). Turn the nut until it's firm. Don't over-tighten it - both the pliers and the threads multiply the force on the wall. If it's really loose, tighten first by hand, then another half to 3/4 turn, at most, with the pliers. Add some water and check it doesn't leak, and you're good.

Good Luck!

Nov 06, 2015 | CIRCLEWARE Shangri La Beverage Dispenser

1 Answer

My 88 katana wont start An run but it will for a few sec if i put gas right in the carb I looked it over and the carb seems to be fine

Assuming that the fuel spigots are open, check for crud in the tank which is clogging the fuel line by blowing some compressed air backwards through the spigots, and change the fuel filter.

Apr 30, 2015 | GAS Motorcycles

1 Answer

Outdoor Spigot Leak

You may exchange the washer in the spigot or just change the spigot which is simple.

May 17, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

It backfires when i slow down and it wont idle when it is warm

1. vacuum leaks at the back side of the carb spigots or other vacuum lines off/broken. Remove the carbs and spigots from the head and clean with acetone/laquer thinner afterward sealing the spigots to the head with gasket maker/silicone rtv.
2. Carb idle and low speed jets may be plugged up and carbs need a correct cleaning.
3. Carbs need rejetting to match the after market mufflers. Take it to a shop with a motorcycle chassis dyno and they will be able to tune the after market pipes.

Jan 22, 2013 | 1991 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)

1 Answer

I have loose rubber tubes on my 1982 Suzuki GS 650 GL adn they are comming from the Carb on one side and have a screw on the other side any ideas

1. To correctly fix this the carbs will have to be removed from the rubber spigots completely and moved out of the way.
2. finish unscrewing the loosened screws and remove the rubber spigots and make sure to note which way they go so that they can be put back on the same way.
3. clean the back of the rubber spigots with laquer thinner or acetone and let dry for a few minutes. Also clean the head surface that the spigot attaches to.
4. apply a thin layer of gasket maker rtv or other suitable rtv to the back of the spigots and tighten them back down to the head.
5. wipe the extra rtv from inside and outside of the rubber spigot where it comes out of the mating surfaces.
Re-attache the carb and adjust the idle if needed.

If the rubber spigots are not sealed and tightened down, they can cause varying idle, popping throught the intake and exhaust pipe, hard starting, and bogging

Jul 19, 2012 | 1982 Suzuki GS 650 GT

1 Answer

Price Pfister kitchen faucet with two porcelain controllers, one goose neck spigot and sprayer, chrome. Put the unit in about nine years ago. Starting leaking from base where spigot attaches to base with...

Should have o-rings remove those and lowe's,hardware,home improvement,plumbing supply stores should have what you need.Be sure to use plumbers grease or Vaseline on new o-ring and inside spout to keep from tearing new o-rings.

Jun 01, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Want to replace old rinnai 2000 with ultima

I have changed a 2001 Consule to an Ultima Consule once and just had to raise it up 50mm using a plinth. I made one myself using some nice tiles and hardwood face that pleased the customer. I've tried to search through my manuals for a 2000 to double check that the flue spigot is the same width and depth but couldn't find one.

All I can say is my swap worked ok with the plinth. Not sure how a 4" one will look though? Double check measurements on the old 2000 and you should be ok.

Only other way would be to cut out a larger hole in the wall to access the flue, fabricate an extension to the twin wall down pipe and actually drop the spigot opening. Sounds a bit more hassle, hard to say without actually seeing the thing. Hope it turns out ok and this limited advice was worth it.

Aug 02, 2010 | Heating & Cooling

2 Answers

I am trying to wall mount my LG M197WDP - PZ 19'' TV but it has an ugly spigot that fixes to the free standing base. How can I remove this spigot? Thanks Dave

It's simple!
Step 1: Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws holding the red plate off the bottom.
Step 2: Pop the red plate off (May need some persuasion! It should pop straight out, there is nothing else holding it in place, but be careful)
Step 3: Unscrew the four screws holding the spigot in place, and remove the spigot.
Step 4: Screw the 4 screws bach in place.
Step 5: Screw the red plate back into place.
Step 6: Enjoy!

Oct 22, 2009 | LG Televison & Video

1 Answer

How do you fix a leaking outdoor wall spigot? Even though the handle is turned tightly off there remains a drip. Spigot seems to be all one piece and attached into stucco wall. Is there a way to repair...

Sometimes, depending on the type of the spigot, you can unscrew the valve from inside the spigot. There would be a hex nut immediately under the part where the handle on the valve stem comes out. BE CAREFUL: Outside spigots rarely have independent shut-offs (ie, in order to work on it, you will have to shut off the main water supply). Once you start down this path, you need to be fairly certain there is a replacement available for your type of spigot. If you remove the valve, there is no assurance that you will be able to get the original back in without making the leak worse. Please have an emergency back-up plan in place.

Sep 16, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Leaking Around Spigot, Coffee Urn

I have a Farberware L1360 with the same problem . If there is water in the pot , in about an hour a nice little puddle forms . It is leaking right where the spigot attaches to the body of the pot. I can see a rubber washer squeezing out around this spot. Maybe It melted?
I think it needs some heat resistant washer to replace it. Farberware co. doesnt really exist anymore. you can barely get parts. If the spigot itself works, mine does. I can't see buying a new one if it just needs a washer. Does anyone know what type of washer would be a good replacement?

Jan 09, 2008 | Pasquini Livia 90 Espresso Machine

Not finding what you are looking for?
Water Filters & Coolers Logo

Related Topics:

1,124 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Water Filters & Coolers Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15628 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4654 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

34711 Answers

Are you a Water Filter and Cooler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides