Question about In Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Microwave blows fuse
The most common suspects are the high voltage transformer and the magnetron. It's also possible you have a flaky door switch or loose door switch mount. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on Jun 08, 2007
The pushbutton panel is most likely failing, part cost around $60.00 if you want to replace yourself. (It's not that difficult). I'm not sure why, but this type of pushbutton panel (referred to as membrane switches) have been experiencing a high failure rate over the past couple of years. Symptoms include buttons not working at all, intermittent beeping sounds, turning on by themselves etc.
If you need further assistance, let me know
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
It may be a failing high voltage transformer, or some models have a voltage selector on the back, and if it's not set to match the measured line voltage level at the outlet, that can cause fuse blows.
The service manual for this UK model is available for purchase / download online. You can check these Google search results.
(NOTE: Those links are not mine and I do not have this manual for sale. If I had it, I would offer it to you at no charge)
If you decide to buy the service manual and will send me at least the schematic page, I can probably tell you what's wrong or what I most strongly suspect after seeing the overall circuit.
Feel free to contact me directly for more information & help.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
PLEASE DO NOT USE OR TOUCH when plugged in. Remove Fuse & UNPLUG IT. The ONLY reason a Fuse "Blows" is due to an Active, to Earth fault. This "Could" place the "Mains" voltage on the "Case" of the Unit, if touched while plugged in it could KILL YOU. Please call a registered professional, to attend to this. It may be in the Unit?, it may be in the wiring?
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
May 04, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 05, 2012 | Whirlpool GH7208XR Convection / Microwave...
Apr 10, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 13, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 10, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 22, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 03, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 07, 2008 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
Jun 01, 2007 | Daewoo KOR-630A Microwave Oven
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: