Question about Genius VD3000022 Webcam
Hi, I have used my genius videocam messenger, on windows vista,
perfectly, but now I dont get any image.
I uninstall the driver and install it again, but no image just a black screen.
I have used the vista driver.
Any help apreciated
This is how I got the VideoCam Messenger to work on a computer running Windows 7 (32-bit):
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!: DO NOT restart your computer at any point until the very end of these steps.
1. Plug in the webcam.
2. Windows will install their weird Sonix driver from 1994 automatically.
3. The most crucial part: Click "Devices" in the Windows Control Panel. Click on the USB Camera (whatever the webcam is called)... then you need to go to the "Properties" until you can UNINSTALL the driver that Windows automatically installed. I think you have to click Properties twice to be able to get to a place where it lets you uninstall the driver.
4. DO NOT restart.
5. Download this: http://download.geniusnet.com/webcam/VCMessenger_V.zip (Incase the link is broken, this is directly from the GeniusNet website and it's called "VideoCAM Messenger Driver for Win 7 / vista 32 bit")
6. Install this completely, but DO NOT restart. (Also, make sure you click "Install this anyway" when it asks you about being an unsigned driver.)
7. After you do that and you DO NOT restart, it will automatically come up with a screen that shows Windows installing the driver, but this time it's installing the actual driver from the software you downloaded in step 4.
You may now restart your computer if you want.
If you do these steps correctly, I guarantee you will have your VideoCam Messenger webcam working.
Posted on Jan 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2011 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Dec 11, 2010 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Jul 12, 2010 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Feb 27, 2010 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Jan 26, 2010 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Aug 25, 2009 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Jul 05, 2009 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Feb 12, 2009 | Genius VideoCAM Messenger Webcam
Oct 12, 2008 | Webcams
973 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: