a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
Stick with Windows 7 as that version has some aids for your dyslexia. go to "Control Panel" in Windows 7 and click on Blue icon that looks like a strange clock with no numbers. and concentrate on options to help visually. maybe your laptop supports speech and you will be able to talk through use of applications plus everything can be read to you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes, of course the space taken by the archived messages counts within your storage quota. Even the messages that get accumulated in spam and trash folder also occupies the storage space. But the spam and trash messages get deleted automatically after 30 days but messages archived by user doesn't get deleted unless you manually remove it from the listing.
Email users have no idea whether archived mails are eating their storage space. Being unaware they keep archiving the important mails instead of taking its backup and deleting messages permanently. They also have no idea how to take backup of important mails rather than archiving it.
Experts always advise to take the suggestion from certified professionals, who can be contacted through autonomous Gmail Customer support number, if any which is active round the clock.
Normally most email issues can be resolved by some basic checks to make sure that the settings are correct. In summary we just need to double check a few settings which are very easy to do & can be summarized as:
1. Check Nameservers
2. Check Billing is up to date
3. Check Password for email address
4. Check Email Account Quota
5. Check if disk usage is exceeded
6. Check Configuration
7. Try Server-Name in place of domain name
These steps are detailed below - please take care to go through them in order, they should only take a couple of minutes:
1. Check Nameservers - Check that your domain name is pointing to the correct name servers where your email is hosted.
- if you check your welcome email from when you signed up to your hosting service you will find the correct settings. If you do not have the settings then please ask our 24 hour support team & they will confirm for you.
2. Check Billing is Up to Date - If your Nameservers are correct, please double check that your hosting is paid up to date by logging into your Billing Area
3. Check Password for Email Address - Check that you have the correct user name and password for your email account. The username should be of the format" email_ID@yourdomain.com", and password is case sensitive. The quickest way to check this is to login to your Webmail. You can do this by going to http://www.ENTERYOURDOMAINHERE.com/webmail
(Please replace ENTERYOURDOMAINHERE with your domain name).
You are then prompted to enter the email address & the password. If you are able to login to webmail then this means that the password is valid for that email address so we can proceed to the next step.
3. A. Reset Email Password if Necessary - If your password is not accepted then this just means that you need to login to your Web Hosting Control Panel & reset the password for your email address. To do this, all you need to do is to login to your web hosting control panel & select the "Email Accounts" icon & then select the option to change your password. The following link shows you exactly how to log in to your Web Hosting Control Panel.
4. Check Email Account Quota - Next we need to check if your email quota is full because if this is happening then that will stop new emails from being accepted on the server. To do this, login to your web hosting control panel (see point 3 A above) & select the "Email Accounts" icon & then go down to the list of email addresses & you can see a summary of email accounts & the quota for each. If your email account is full then you just need to either delete some emails via webmail (see point 3 above) or you can simply increase the disk space quota for your email address by selecting "Change Quota" (we do not recommend setting to unlimited if possible).
5. Check if disk usage is exceeded - If your email client doesn't let you connect to the server and throws at you a 'login failed/incorrect password' error, you are likely to have exceeded your disk usage. It's not the quota of any specific email account that has gone over the limit, but the disk usage of your entire hosting account. You should regularly keep an eye on your disk usage to ensure it always stays within the limit. Steps on how to find the disk usage.
You can confirm if your disk usage has been exceeded by simply trying to login to your cPanel. If it is over-quota, cPanel wouldn't let you in. You could then contact support who will look into it for you. Once you have verified that your nameservers, billing, password & quota details are correct we can now run through some trouble shooting to find out where the issue is.
6. Check Configuration - For your email software to be able to send & receive emails then the configuration settings need to be set as shown below. You can find these settings in your email´s software. For example, in Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live Mail you just need to select Tools/Accounts & then in the Servers tab please ensure that your settings are:
> E-mail Address: Your complete email address (see point 3 above)
> Password: Your email password (see point 3 above)
> My Incoming Server is a: POP3
> Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.domain (eg: if your domain is abc123.com your settings would be mail.abc123.com)
> Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain (eg: if your domain is abc123.com your settings would be mail.abc123.com)
> Remember password: Select Yes by ticking the box to confirm
> Server requires Authentication: Select Yes by ticking the box to confirm
Then select the Advanced options and check the following:
Outbound SMTP Port: 25 or 26 [Some ISPs block port 25 traffic to reduce spamming. If you are unable to send out mails through port 25, try port 26. ]
Inbound POP3 Port: 110
Do not select the option to leave a copy on the server as this will eventually fill up your web space if you select this option.
7. Try Server-Name in place of domain name - Still not working? OK, it could be that your ISP does not recognize the mail server settings so we will try replacing these one at a time with the main server-name of the server.
To do this please follow these steps:
A. Get your server-name from the product welcome mail.
B. Go back to point 6 above & first replace the incoming mail server (POP3) with the nameserver (i.e. using the example in the above article, we would replace mail.abc123.com with node005.hostingseries.net). Try again.
C. If it still does not work change the incoming mail server (POP3) back to its original setting (eg: mail.abc123.com) & then change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to the server name (i.e. using the above example we would replace mail.abc123.com with node005.hostingseries.net) & try again.
D. If it still does not work, please change both Incoming & Outgoing to the server-name (i.e. using the above example
we would replace mail.abc123.com twice with node005.hostingseries.net)
If you still are unable to configure your email, please contact our support team (use the 24 hour live chat service - top right hand side of our website) and they will be able to identify the issue for you.
This feature protects you from unwanted links to your mail. E-mail from strangers can contain unwanted connections to other web sites.
I usually keep this save guard where the links are disabled and enable for friends and official known to be save websites. You can enable for each specific e-mail as it is requested. The email will still open with links disabled and the link will be visible.
The following is from the AOL home page "options" that allows you to set the reading features.
Reading Tip: Click the new window icon to open messages in a new window.
Enable reading pane to preview mail
In full reading view, display the next message after moving or deleting the current one
Hide images in mail from unknown senders
Disable links in mail from unknown senders
Always show full headers
You don't mention what email program you are using, or whether you are using webmail. If it is webmail, when you are in your inbox, click the Select All box to select all the emails on that page, then click Delete. Repeat for all the pages. There is also a setting where you can change it to show for example 100 emails per page, or All, so that you can Select All and then Delete, much faster. If you are using an email client like Outlook, over on the left side of the program is shown all your folders. Right-click the Inbox folder, and select Delete All.
If you are over quota in your email, it means you have too many messages. You need to delete a few. If you are using a program like Outlook to retrieve your mail, go to account settings and tell outlook to delete the mail after you receive it.
You have to delete some of the emails that are in your Inbox. But after you delete them, you will have to go into Deleted Items (or Trash) and delete them permanently so that the mail box quota will increase.
Your e-mail are still comming because that mails are stored on your mail server where you have your mailbox.
If you will delete that mails from the mail server this problem is resolved.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook you can setup outlook to delete mail from the server too.
Here is a tutorial and information that you need is on the second page: http://www.digitalfm.com/EmailSetup/Outlook-2003-Setup.pdf