If you mean the back light of your phone is off, then it means the problem is from either the settings or the florescent of the phone is damaged, and the solution to a damaged florescent is for you to replace the screen if the phone. Also the flex of the phone can also cause this problem. Try to turn on the phone and flip the phone several times, if the light seem to come on or blinks for a moment, then it is the flex that need to be replaced, but if it does not come on in any way or at any time, then it means you will have to replace the screen of the phone.
First check from the settings of the phone if the screens light is not turned off. Once that is confirmed, then the next thing to do is to replace the screen of the phone. To replace the screen of the phone, please follow the steps below:
- Remove the four rubber stoppers surrounding the screen to reveal four screws. Remove these screws.
- You can now remove the front cover. To do this, use a credit card to lever the cover up. The cover clips on and the levering motion will unclip it. Start at the top, then unclip the cover at the bottom, then both sides.
- You should now have the front cover removed,
- Remove the rubber part which surrounds the camera. You should be able to lever it out with a fingernail or pen lid.
- Now detach the camera from the phone. Simply pull the ribbon away from the phone to release it.
- Now unplug the other ribbon. The ribbon attaches like a plug and socket. Simply lift it up to unplug it.
- The lens is held to the phone with double sided tape. Pry it off. It will be stuck on well so some force is required.
- You now need to peel the brown flexi cable part away from the edges of the screen. Again, it is stuck on with double sided tape.
- The screen will now be free from the rest of the phone.
- Now remove the brown flexi cable entirely and you are left with just the LCD screen. Note that the inner and outer screens are attached together so whether you are replacing the inner or outer screen you need the same one part. You should now stick the flexi cable onto the new screen.
- Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly.
To replace only the flex, follow the above steps to step 7 and take apart the lower part of the phone to access the other end of ribbon, that is the flex that need to be replaced. Hope this information helped. Thank you for using fixya.