you can also change the BT home hub 2.0(black)encryption type to WEP type. all you need to do is follow the steps to change the type of encryption to WEP.
- connect a computer using the ethernet cable to the hub(its the black cable with yellow leads).
- open an internet explorer or anyother browser, in the address bar just type 192.168.1.254.
- you will be getting the BT home hub manager page with please reset your password, asking for three credentials.
- in the first bar enter the default admin password or the admin password which is found in the wireless card or at the back of the home hub in the label. in the second and third bars enter the password of your own, something like admin1.
- you will be getting another page coming with four options at the top (home, services, settings and troubleshooting).
- click on settings, and below troubleshooting in the blue bar itself , you will see advanced settings. click on it.
- then click on continue to advanced settings, now below home in the blue bar itself, click on wireless.
- after you do that, you will see two options called as configuration and security. click on security. there you will see the option to change the wireless encryption to WEP.after changing the type to WEP, type the same password again in the section for password and click on apply to save changes.
- check whether your printer is connecting to your home hub after that,
I am a person who work for BT in the tech help desk dept. if you have any trouble in doing this please reply to this message