Question about Datacard Office Equipment & Supplies
It is Edisecure Brand and now it became Datacard brand
If you re-formatted the PC, then you likely wiped out the instance of the correct driver for your printer. Windows typically does not come with a driver for any but the most popular ID-card printers. When you reconnected the EdiSecure printer, it likely associated it with what it believed to be the closest driver to the one required (but missing) - the Datacard driver. To correct:
1. Through the Windows Control Panel, then Device and Printers (or Printers and Faxes if WinXP), find the instance of your printer (set up as Datacard); right-click on it; select "Remove Device" (or "Delete", if WinXP);
2. When complete, disconnect the printer from the PC;
3. Through Windows Control Panel => Programs (Add/Remove Programs if WinXP), find and un-install any instances you find of Datacard programs or drivers;
4. Reboot your PC;
5. From either the printer's install disk, or the manufacturer's website, download and install the correct driver for your Windows OS. If prompted to re-boot, do so. NOTE - do not connect the printer to the PC until you are either prompted to do so by the driver-installation program, or the installation completes normally and without errors.
6. Connect the printer to the PC. Give Windows time to recognize the device, associate the new/correct driver, and tell you it's ready for use.
7. Check in the Windows print center (Control-Panel=>Devices & Printers (or Printers & Faxes) to verify that it is now recognized as an EdiSecure printer.
Posted on Apr 17, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
PR-01726 Ribbon Out
Out of print ribbon.
Possible Cause 1 : The print ribbon Cartridge is empty.
Solution 1 : Reload the print cartridge. Change the cleaning sleeve and replace the cartridge in the printer. Run a cleaning card as soon as printing is completed.
Possible Cause 2 : The printer ribbon is not loaded correctly.
Soultion 2 :Load the printer ribbon correctly and then close the cover.
Possible Cause 3 : This ribbon has been completely used.
Solution 3 : Use a new roll of ribbon.
Tips for Success
* When this message appears, replace the old ribbon with the new ribbon of the same type. The printer has already prepared the card data for this ribbon type. You can change the colors of monochrome ribbon (such as from dark blue to gold).
* If you must change the type of ribbon (such as (YMCKT to KT) when this message appears, install the new ribbon, cancel any cards waiting to print, and change the ribbon type settings. Finally, return to the card creation program to send the card data to print.
* If the ribbon was repaired, the wrong take-up spool was used. Repair the ribbon again, using the correct take-up spool.
If you cannot fix the problem contact your service provider for assistance.
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
SOURCE: Card jam in datacard printer
The rollers in the printer that move the card wear out and the rubber degrades over time, You need to have all the roller replaced and the printer should function like new. Contact MIdWestIDSolutions.com for pricing on parts or service.
Posted on Mar 18, 2010
SOURCE: SP55 Datacard
The printer does not know the the model of the ribbon installed and thinks it is a monochrome (single color) Print ribbon. You can verify this in the Driver toolbox under the supply tab, or in the advanced printing options.
The Datacard SP series printers use an RFID Radio freq. tag in the take up spool end of the ribbon. This identify s the ribbon model and supply use settings for the printer.
Make sure you have the most recent driver and firmware from Datacard, There is a firmware Update Available to help reading "weak" RFID tag's
Next try removing the RFID tag from another (old) ribbon and see if it that fixes the problem)
Aside from that you:
May have a counterfeit (non-Datacard) ribbon
A bad RFID tag
Someone removed your RFID tag
You need a firmware update (weak RFID tag)
A bad RFID reviver in the printer, which is a fairly cheap repair.
Basically try a new print ribbon if that does not correct the issue, have the printer serviced.
Posted on Sep 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 08, 2010 | Zebra Eltron P310 Thermal Printer
Jun 29, 2010 | Polaroid DVF130 Camcorder
Sep 30, 2009 | Connect3D Radeon X800 / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI...
May 03, 2009 | Kingston 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity...
Nov 06, 2008 | Nokia 6600
Sep 23, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 06, 2007 | Lexmark P315 InkJet Photo Printer
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: