Question about Proscan Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
SOURCE: Proscan 40" LCD-Screen Freezes
They actually state that you have to unplug it and replug it in to fix this problem in the owners manual so it's not just a isolated issue. I to have this problem daily now and this is the 2nd set after returning the first one due to same reason.
Posted on Oct 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2016 | Sony Bravia Kdl-40ex500 Series 40-inch Lcd...
Mar 19, 2015 | Samsung Series 5 40-inch UN40EH5300FXZA...
Dec 09, 2014 | Proscan Televison & Video
Sep 20, 2014 | Proscan 40LC45S 40 in. LCD TV
May 18, 2014 | Proscan 40LC45S 40 in. LCD TV
May 18, 2014 | Televison & Video
Jan 12, 2013 | Proscan 32LA30Q Television
Nov 01, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD...
Jul 21, 2009 | Sylvania LC420SS8 LCD TV
Mar 07, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000 40 in. LCD HDTV
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!