Question about GE Microwave Ovens
This is most likely the door switch. FO means failed to operate and OD means open door. You can order the part and replace the switch.
Posted on May 13, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Microwave stopped working
There is a internal locking mechanisim that has 2 or more switches that is usually attached with two or more screws next to the door latch side. Crack open the micro and adjust this by shutting the door then pushing this assy toward the latches untill all the switches look like they are being pushed in fully. If this doesn't solve the problem one of the switches or possibly more are defective. Call a local appliance repair center and get a switch there called micro switches.
Posted on Sep 15, 2007
SOURCE: Hi. I pressed the 'quickstart'
first thing I would suggest is a hard reset. Unplug the unit for a
minute or so. Then plug it back in, set the clock and try again.
If that doesn't work, leave it unplugged for maybe an hour. Then let us know if the hard reset does not fix it.
It may be a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
It's one of the micro-switches (3) that are part of the interlocking safety circuit. I actually took my switch apart and fixed it, but 99% of those out there would (and should) replace the switch.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
The problem you are having with your microwave is a common one. Not heating is a problem that can be caused by three things. I'll list the most common solution first, the magnetron that actually does the heating is what is making that noise and has gone bad. It is possible for you to also have a bad high voltage diode that has opened up, solution two, or solution three is the high voltage capacitor is not working properly as well. From my experience with microwaves I am positive that it is your magnetron that is bad. If you are not do it yourselfer you'll need to take it to a repair shop to replace. However, if you know how to use a screwdriver and can unplug a couple of wires with spade terminals on them, then you can take it off yourself, find another one and replace it the same way you took it off. The magnetron sits behind the control panel of your microwave but on top. It has cooling fins on it and has 2 terminals maybe three depending and make and model that plug into it. It has 4 screws that are easy to get to that actually holds it in place. If you do not have a good local source like an electronic parts supply place then you can find the right magnetron at www.mwoparts.com. Be sure you always unplug the microwave before touching or trying to take the he cover off and then when you take the magnetron off also.Good luck and God bless.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Replace the fuse with a ceramic fuse from Home depot! costs less than $3 and it will fix the problem. I had all the same problems as everyone else, you name it my microwave had it! you must remember replace it with a ceramic fuse! not a glass one. I know people say its the switchboard and all that nonsence but I promise you, the fuse plays a majoe roll in the microwave not working properly. Even though it doesnt look broken, a junky fuse can cause your appliance to do very strange things. I replaced mine 6 months ago and it works like its fresh out of the box.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2017 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Oct 16, 2017 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Mar 02, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Oct 03, 2017 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Nov 29, 2010 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Nov 23, 2010 | Neff H5470N0GB Microwave Oven
Mar 29, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 22, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jun 11, 2018 | GE Microwave Ovens
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!