Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Netgears products are terrible with non support what so ever. I'm sure you had change your router already, but if your ISP could provide you with a different brand, the problem will disappear.
Posted on Aug 14, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello....sudden loss of wireless on two computers, in the same home, may indicate that a powerful source of wireless interference has just arrived (since your wireless router light is still on).
1) Does the signal improve if you move the router, or move the laptop closer to the router?
2) Have you had any success with changing the channel on your router? (Login to router > select Wireless Settings > Channel)
If you have not moved furniture yourself, or installed a device which could interfere with the signal (eg a DECT phone), it's possible a neighbour's new router may be the culprit.
Please come back to Fixya if this does not help.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Playing Online Games Behind The Router
A router uses a combination of hardware and software to prevent unauthorized users or internet traffic from accessing your private local area network (LAN). If your game console, such as Playstation is behind the router, you will need to configure routers Port Forwarding feature in order to play online games.
Note: You will need to get the ports and service type for your games. This is usually available from the games website.
Steps how to configure router to play online games:
I hope this helps...
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
Hey, You can not configure this router with Cable connection. This router is an ADSL comatible router and can not work with a cable connection.
Purchase a cable/DLS router like WGR614v9 for your cable ISP
Rate it, if it helps.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
If you want to upgrade the firmware on the router then please do it on a hardwired windows computer. Firmware wont upload on the router through a MAC computer. I would suggest you to follow the steps below to configure settings on the router:
Scan for the wireless network on the wireless enabled computers and connect to the network.
Hope, this helps.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
I understand that you would like to extend the wireless coverage in your home with the DG834G. I would suggest you to configure DG834G as an access point to extend the coverage of your post office router using the below steps:
1. Connect a computer directly to DG834G on any of the four LAN ports.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on wireless settings in the left hand side menu Under Setup.
5. Change the network name SSID to some other name.
6. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'.
7. Set the 'Authentication Type' as 'Automatic' and Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
8. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number.
9. Apply the settings.
Click on LAN IP setup from the left menu.
1. Change the IP address of the router from 192.168.0.1 to a free IP address in the range of the Post office router.
2. Also disable the DHCP of the router by unchecking the box for 'Use router as DHCP Server'.
3. Click apply and click ok for any popup message that arise.
4. Once the browser display some error message like CANNOT FIND SERVER, ACTION CANCELLED etc, turn off the router and restart the computer.
Now, connect the two router in the following way:
1.Connect Ethernet cable from the Lan port of the Post office router to the Lan port of the DG834G
2. Powercycle both the routers and your computer
3. You may connect other computers' directly to DG834G or wirelessly as per your requirement.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Mar 12, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jul 28, 2017 | NetGear DG834G 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
Oct 28, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Oct 24, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jul 13, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 14, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Dec 23, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 25, 2008 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!