How do I fix my 3 yr old vacuum Panasonic mc-ul596 upright cleaner rattled smelt electrical fume then stopped.
Checked fuse etc opened up loose bolt so fixed back on motor. Still no power could it be an internal fuse or switch? There is also a overload cut out on this model but not sure what it looks like as I Dont have a manual.help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
(would really like more info- digital number dead as well?)
(assuming completely dead) Could be a couple of things:
- blown fuses (inside, relatively easy to replace, std size avail at Raioshack) <-- most likely
- cut/loose power cord connection inside.
- (unlikely but worse case scenario) Door was closed crooked- one tong hit one door switch before the other- causing a short circuit internally that "self destructs" the microwave to prevent it ever operating with an open (or even crookedly ajar) door, irradiating any users. Typically it just blows the fuses, but if fuses blow immediately upon replacing and turning power on, then possibly one of the switches fused or melted internally, and needs to be replaced.
There are some overload/temperature switches within the dryer. Most reset when the overload/temp gone. You could open up the back and follow the wires to the overload switches and check with an electrical tester to see if you have power passing through each. The wiring diagram should be inside the dryer, and show each switch.
are various causes of failure but the checks should be carried out in
this order, you will probably need a continuity meter or multimeter to
trace continuity from the plug to the motor:
Check overload circuit breaker on saw hasn't tripped. This may need a couple of minutes to cool down. If plug is rewireable check for loose screws at plug pin terminals, loose fuses etc. Wires in power flex breaking, usually at plug or where flex enters machine. Faulty on / off switch or loose spade terminals on switches or faulty relay on switch. Worn out brushes. Armature or field coils of motor going open circuit.
There are various causes of failure but the checks should be carried out in this order, you will probably need a continuity meter or multimeter to trace continuity from the plug to the motor:
If plug is rewireable check for loose screws at plug pin terminals, loose fuses etc. Wires in power flex breaking, usually at plug or where flex enters machine. Faulty on / off switch or loose spade terminals on switches or faulty relay on switch. Worn out brushes. Armature or field coils of motor going open circuit.
Go to searspartsdirect.com and put in your model number. Look at the motor and wiring section. Look at item 16. The motor overload protector. (probably your reset button) WIth saw unplugged, unwire one sid of this switch and test with an ohm meter. You should read through the switch. If it is open then that's why the saw doesn't work. Many of this type of oveload requires quite a push to reset as you're flexing a klixon disc back to make contact. If is open and you can't reset, it's available there although a bit high priced.
Sadly, the thermostats in your dryer control the heating circuit only. There is a thermal fuse that will not allow the dryer to start, but it's one time only and cooling down will have no effect.
The scenario you describe is the motor cutting out on it's internal overload. When it gets to the point where it cuts out on the overload mid cycle, it's unlikely cleaning lint will solve the problem. You might want a tech to come out and verify that the motor needs to be replaced.
Another possibility is o loose connection in the power source. This could be at the dryer terminal block, in the dryer cord receptacle, or at the circuit breaker.
there is an overload protection and safety devices of all air conditioner but there are not using internal fuse,if we are talking of fusable fuses,sometime internally the compressor has a thermistor inside the winding to protect motor from burning,but most common use is the over load thermostatic relay which you can find on control panel board,there a level which you just push it to reset,some are auto thermostatic overload protection this will automatically reset when unit tend to cool motor.one more is the circuit breaker on main supply of unit.push this up to reset.thermostat on evaporator are safety device it will cut off your
compressor supply if the temperature was acquired on the setting.
so if your unit does not run even your switching on this are common factor to be checked.have a nice day and don't forget to rate me.thank's