Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Stem is not flowing - Plumbing

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 91 Answers

Try removing and cleaning the aerator. This is the piece with the screen where water should come out. Unscrew it going counter clockwise, you may need pliers or channel locks to remove. Use a rag to protect finish. After removing flush out internal pieces and reinstall.

Posted on Apr 03, 2015


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Kitchen sink lack of H2O pressure only on hot water side. recently eliminated feeder of 3/8 nib & placed stop valve on 1/2 pipe?

Probably have trash in the stem. Turn off water to hot side remove handle and stem look for debris. If none visible cup your hand over the the hole where the stem was so the water will flow to the sink drain. Then slowly turn water on. If water really comes out then stem may be clogged. It'll make a mess so have a towel or 2 handy

Sep 28, 2017 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Have crane tap set , two taps and a spout with an in and out lever to shower or fill tub.I have no cold water when tap set is in place, when i remove the tap set from the fixture i have water flow.

Look inside the faucet handle for damage. A cracked handle would need replacing, as it cannot grip the faucet stem. If the ridges inside the handle are worn, the handle cannot connect with the stem and control the faucet.

Inspect the end of the faucet stem for damage. The tip of the stem should have ridges that connect with the ridges inside the faucet handle

Nov 08, 2016 | Home

1 Answer

How do I remove the water flow dircetion lever

This is called the diverter if it is a tub/shower valve. There are just too many brands to say just how it comes out. Remove the handle. You may need a handle puller. Remove the trim. This varies. If I had a picture, I could tell you how to do this. You will then probably need a deep plumber's socket to remove the stem. Make the stem is turned all the way counter clockwise before unscrewing the stem. Go to a good old time plumber shop or hardware store to get a new stem.

Dec 30, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I replaced a moen 1222 valve stem becasue i had just a trickle of water. I go the new stem in ok, but still no water. I have the hot water heater diconnected on the water inlet, but the out let is still...

With posi-temp cartridges, if one supply of water, hot or cold, is interrupted, the cartridge automatically restricts the flow of the other water source. This is to prevent you from getting scalded if the pressure on the cold side drops because of a toilet being flushed or any other uses of cold water. The cartridge will only allow cold water to flow through if there is hot water to balance it out. If you restore hot water to the faucet, it will operate properly.

Aug 04, 2017 | Moen 2919 Chateau Two Handle Tub and...

1 Answer

Bathroom hot water single tap seized. How do I fix it . I was able to force it open, but now only a trickle comes out, or none at all

Take stem appart cut off water stem may have spun in faucet got it out of line restricting water flow

Apr 15, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

Problem with Sterling stem.when transfered to shower,still leaks

You did not tighten the stem enough, allowing the seat to rise just above the cavity where it will sit. You may also have scaling in this area preventing the seat from sitting flush.

Feb 03, 2010 | Sterling Plumbing 1500D-31S VISTA PIVOT...

1 Answer

8 inch faucet replaced valve stem, does not flow

you may have installed the valve stem in backwards,reverse it,this may fix your problem

Jul 26, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Moen Kingsley roman tub- no/slow hot water flow

sounds like you may have a little debri on hot side stem or kinked hose between valve and spout turn off water to house remove handle pull bonnet and remove stem turn water back on with stem removed see how water flow is be careful turning water on you could make a mess i am assuming the low pressure is in shower only

Apr 13, 2009 | Danze D302521 Antioch Roman Tub Faucet...

1 Answer

Low flow hot water in Delta Shower

If your water heater is old or has been recently replaced, it will slough off debris that will get caught in the hot water supply side of the faucet. You have to disassimble the faucet and use a dental pic to remove the debris from it. This is a real common occurance. You can also try to flush out that side by removing the parts and then slowly turning on the water without the parts inside. Be careful not to flood your bathroom when you do this. But usually you have to dig it out. I have spent as high as 3 hours digging the liner from the dip tube of a water heater out of a faucet.

Apr 05, 2009 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet

2 Answers

How do I, myself, fix a faucet leak?

Faucets in general operate either with a one handle valve stem or valve stems that uses small pieces of rubber to precent the water flow. In a single handle model this is usually caused by mineral deposits building up and the valve not being able to fully restrict the flow of water. The fix here is usually a new stem. On models that use a two handle system and do have replaceable valve stems one must get a repacement seat from a hadware store and reinstall the stem. In extreme cases the valve body may need to be ground internally and will require a professional. If you do not a have replaceable stems than the only alternative is a new faucet. I hope this assists you and thanks for using Fix Ya.

Oct 29, 2008 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

116 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16589 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3077 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

39083 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides