Question about Elna Sewing Machines
Try a new needle--one for the fabric being sewed
rethread the machine--top and bobbin
make sure the bobbin is correctly inserted and turned the right way
also could be a timing problem, the machine may need to be checked
Posted on Jun 03, 2015
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check out these instructions and diagram. Good luck. Paste this link to your Address bar... http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diagrams/Threading_Pages/Elna_Sewing_machine_threading/Elna_Supermatic_threading_diagram.htm
Posted on Sep 10, 2007
I have a Primula 310
The reverse is located in the middle of the stitch length dial, you press in the button whilst you reverse.
When threading up any sewing machine make sure the foot is 'up' as this opens the tension disks and the thread goes between. when you lower the foot the discs close around the thread and add the tension.
Hope this helps
Posted on Nov 01, 2007
SOURCE: Sewing Machine Elna 6000 model
Cannot get top thread to catch and uplift bobbin thread, have changed bottom bobbin; think this may be shuttle problem. Need to get machine in to Polokwane in Limpopo Province to a repair center, cannot find a contact number of Elna there. Can you assist?
Posted on May 27, 2008
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2013 | Elna Sewing Machines
May 28, 2013 | Sewing Machines
May 06, 2011 | Elna 2005 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Feb 24, 2011 | Elna Sewing Machines
Jul 22, 2010 | Elna Heirloom Edition 6005
Mar 06, 2010 | Sewing Machines
Feb 14, 2010 | Elna Sewing Machines
Jul 29, 2008 | Elna Heirloom Edition 6005
Dec 21, 2007 | Sewing Machines
Oct 31, 2007 | Sewing Machines
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!