Question about In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I melted a plastic bowl in the microwave. How do I get the smell out of it

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Genius:

    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,179 Answers

Good luck , but try a bowl of vinegar , hit power for about 40 seconds to warm it then let sit overnight, then wipe down walls and all interior surfaces with vinegar next day. Then wipe with clean damp cloth.
Some odors take a couple of times for this to work

Posted on Mar 29, 2015

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

While using my dacor microwave, I started to notice a plastic like smell, and then noticed the glass door had fogged like a seal had broken. What's going on?


Some ovens use a plastic material, which is impregnated with a ferrite material, to choke microwave leakage at the edge of the door. If this is melted, the oven should not be used, and it would have to be replaced. After replacement, a leakage test would have to be done.

Nov 15, 2016 | Dacor Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Frigidaire oven model feb386wech emits a burning plastic smell when heating up and cooking. What's causing this?


After 16 years of service, the oven may be starting to consume itself. I have found melted light fixtures and scorched, brittle wiring. If you can't isolate the source of the smell, it could be time to replace.

Nov 13, 2016 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I burnet a styfoam, and plastic cover in the microwave. The smell is awful, like melted plastic and burnt wood. My entire house smells horrible. Is there some way to get the smell out.


Try pouring some vinegar in a cup and microwaving until the vinegar steams. This works well when burnt popcorn smells up the microwave.

...

Apr 21, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What is the cause of the smell of burnt plastic coming from my kenmore elite microwave?


Frequently this is caused by a loose connector to a thermal protection device (a TCO) or some other connector that has a plastic sleeve over it. The connector is loose, which is causing heat, which is melting the plastic. You would have to remove the cover to find the bad device and connector. This is a job for a professional microwave repairman.

Jul 23, 2014 | Kenmore Elite Microwave, Model...

1 Answer

My 1000 watt microwave gave off electrical burning smell then stopped working


check inside after removing power... look for melted plastic or burn spot inside.. bad fuse or wire connector.. replace as needed

Apr 09, 2014 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave has melted a huge hole 17 cm in diameter in the plastic cooking cover - what is wrong with the microwave.


Nothing is wrong with the microwave, the plastic cover was either not microwave suitable or a splash of grease/oil/food was stuck to the plastic and melted it.

Jan 24, 2011 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I am smelling plastic and the temperature is rising.


If it's an older unit which does not allow any metal inside, there may be a piece of foil that is heating up causing any plastic it might touch to melt. Newer units don't have this problem and many have metal shelves. If yours is newer it may be the magnitron. The magnitron is the main component of every microwave.

Nov 19, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a ge spacemaker XL1400. It was manufacture


it sounds to me like the magnetron is shot in it. this is the part that creates the heat. not worth repairing on a 10 year old unit. Sorry.

Nov 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Last night while making popcorn, I smelled burning plastic. I shut the Microwave off and open the door to find the rack hooks melting. What would cause this to happen? Can I use the Microwave anymore?


Quite often this is due to greasy build up on the inside of the unit, there will also be a mica plate probally in the roof or close to the top of the uniton the inside sidewall, normally held in by one screw this should also be removed and cleaned. If the hooks are melted bad enough they will need to be replaced or just cleaned with soap and water.

Aug 21, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Melted carousel in microwave / bad smell


For the smell, do a Google search for "smell microwave" or "odor microwave" for many great tips.

If you need a new turntable support, you can order Sharp parts from Tritronics at http://www.wehaveparts.com

It's part # FROLPB017MRK0

Nov 03, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

54 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top In Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1179 Answers

Are you an In Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...