Question about Singer Sewing Machines
This is an old machine. However, the same problems arise with other machines:
1. Ensure the length of stitch is not zero.
2. Check the adjustment to make sure the bobbin winding is off.
3. If this doesn't work you might try moving the length adjustment back and forth several times. It could be old lubricant is stuck.
4. Take your thread off of your machine and out of the bobbin.
5. As you step on the foot control watch the feed dog. Move your length adjustment back and forth. Place a long oil tube of sewing machine oil down in that area and lubricate as well as you can.
6. Continue to monitor the feed dogs and step on the foot control.
7. If it isn't working by now you may have to take the bottom off and oil and clean the moving parts that go to the feed dogs.
9. After that you can take the top off and move the stitch length adjustment and watch the moving parts. Oil and clean (qtip) the moving parts.
By doing these steps you should have gotten it to work. If not you will have to see a repairman.
Posted on Mar 29, 2015
Check that the feed button or lever is in the correct position
If it is in the centre position then the feeding foot doesn't know to go forward (normal ) or reverse
If electronic controlled the maybe a service is called for.
Posted on Mar 29, 2015
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2018 | Singer Sewing Machines
Aug 22, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jun 11, 2016 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jun 04, 2016 | Singer Sewing Machines
Mar 05, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jun 19, 2014 | Singer Sewing Machines
Sep 20, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Aug 08, 2011 | Singer Sewing Machines
Dec 10, 2010 | Singer 3343 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Apr 03, 2009 | Singer 118 Mechanical Sewing Machine
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: