Basic Android Fixes and Help
Article Applicable to most droid systems, All Methods are at your own risk,if you are in serious doubt of your ability to perform one of these fixes please consult your carriers service representatives
Above all use common sense when attempting to fix your devices.
Table of Contents1. How to Manually update your android device.
2. What to do when your android device will not update or you recieve the following error message.
3. How to perform a Factory reset using android OS
4. My calls dont connect/theres no sound
5. Phone wont start/Dead Battery or Charger
How to Manually update your android device.
A. Goto Settings
B. Goto About Phone (At bottom of page)
C. Choose System updates
D. Follow the prompts on screen to download the update.
E. Make sure that your device is plugged in or has a full battery, the update process can take upto 15 minutes and if your device crashes it can corrupt the software and create a larger problem.
F. Enjoy Updated Android
What to do when your android device will not update or you recieve the following error message.
A. "Device is Up to date" (when its not up to date)
B. "Device cannot access update server, try again later" This may be because server is overloaded, if this message persists for multiple days consider attempting the following steps.
1. Restart device, remove battery try again.
2. Make sure all other applications are upto date, this may cause interference with your devices update process, attempt
to update software again.
3. Perform a Factory reset (See Instructions Below)
4. Take Device into carrier store for service.
How to perform a Factory reset using android OS:
A. Go to Settings
B. Go to Privacy
C. Choose 'Perform factory reset option' Follow prompt
D. Make sure all files that you wish to keep are backed up, there are applications available in the android market such as
Titanium Backup that will backup all application phone data.
Hardware Reset:Different methods for different phones.
Enter Recovery Mode:Shut down the phone by pressing on Power button for a while, and choose Power Off.
Method 1:Press and hold the power button and the home button until a exclamation mark inside a triangle appears.
Method 2: Press and hold X and the power button until the screen activates, release power icon. hold poweruntil icon appears.
Method 3: Press and hold Camera and the power button until the screen activates, release power. icon hold power until icon appears.
Perform a Hardware reset from the recovery menu.
My calls dont connect/there's no sound:
Ok likely theres a hardware issue with your sound card or speaker, but before you take your phone in for servicelets check some stuff.
1. Turn your device on and off, remove battery test again.
2. before performing a hardware reset uninstall some applications, some such as Zedge can interfere with the calls, this can be a simpler solution that losing all your info
3. Perform a factory reset (See Above)
4. Take your device into your carriers store and have a service representative look at it.
Phone wont start/Dead Battery or ChargerTry to identify the specific component or if its the device that is having issues.
1. Test phone with different battery (If available)
2. Test phone with different Charger (If available)
3. Try to power on phone with charger connected.
4. Take device in to a service representative at a carriers store, they may replace the device or faulty components depending on warranty or the specific situation.
Droid Droid X Droid 2 Verizon Android
on Jun 18, 2011 | Cell Phones