Question about Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Need diagrams and instructions on removing and replacing printhead unit
Replacing the pring head.
1. Remove the side covers.
2. Remove the ink loader assembly. There are 2 connectors on the ink loader. SO remove it slowly.
3. Remove the spring guides on the print head. One on each side, Held in my one torx screw.
4. Remove the spring bracked assembly on the left side of the printer, it puts pressure on the XY axis motor to position the print head. Just pop it off and position it up and to the left of the bracket.
5. Remove the steel square block on the left bottom side of the frame.
6. Unplug the harness and ribbon cables and then from the back of the printer, remove the print head, be careful not to hit the drum.
Install the print head, the ribbon cables are somewhat difficult to plug back in, Just be patient. and make sure they are conneted firmly. Also when replacing the cables and harness, be sure they are routed corectly so the print head does not get bound on them.
Set the print head into position and install the steel block, then the spring bracket on the XY motor, then the spring brackets in the proper positions. Dont forget to put that spring bracket back on, It is easy to over look.
Make sure all things are plugged in on the print head.
Next reinstall the ink loader, make sure all connectors are connected.
Install the covers and you are done.
Take your time, probably should take about an hour. Just to it carefully and methodically.
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
Says my Phaser 8400N is "offline". what's the deal?
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2013 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Aug 24, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Aug 16, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
May 06, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Aug 10, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400N Thermal Printer
May 22, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
May 10, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Apr 13, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Feb 09, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jun 09, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
1,588 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!