have to besetup on the program they are to be used with.
Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up tobroadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order forthe Audio and Video to function properly. A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype set it up as follows:
- Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
- Then click on the Video Settings.
- The camera if installed properly will come up and show a picture.
- Then on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly.
Your friends and Family will now see andtalk to you. B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger set it upas follows:
C. Windows LiveMessenger:
- Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
- Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
- Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
- Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
- After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
- Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
- Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
- Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
You audio andvideo should work.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly soyou can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
Hope this helps.