Kenmore Elite HE4t Washer
A BEST AND DETAILED SOLUTION TO CODE F2 AND SUD ERROR MESSAGE.
If you are getting an F2 error message or a SUD error message, and are observing some water in the tub that is not draining at end of cycle, and your washi cycle is taking a lot longer that normal to complete,then here is what to do.
This solution is easy, and will take no more that 15 minutes, from start to finish, and most of that time is in the --prep-- (getting tools, towels, etc.). This WILL save you a expensive service call.
There are 3 small 9/32 hex head screws that hold the front panel on. The front panel I'm speaking of is --below-- the washer window.
These screws can be found::
a. if you have the optional washer storage drawer unit,, they can be found by opening the drawer, and observing the 3 screws (left, middle, and right side, that hold the front panel on.
b. if you DONT have the optional drawer assembly, then they are found on the front, bottom, of the washer, again holding the front panel on the washer.
1. unscrew the 3 hex head screws (9/32 socket or nut driver size)
2. lower/remove the front panel, and set it asisde on some towels, so as not to scratch the front panel.
3. get something now to soak up at least a gallon of water that WILL empty onto the floor.
4. observe large WHITE drain cap, at front center of washer.
5. unscew white drain cap --WARNING-- lots of water WILL drain out when you loosen the white cap. Once all the water is out, remove and take out the filter trap.
6. clean out the front and bottom of the filter trap. I'm sure lint, and gosh knows what else have cloged some of the holes
7. wipe out the inside of the housing for the filter trap (observe lots of -gunk- there too).
8 put back in filter trap, tighten white cap, and put front panel on washer with same 9/32 screws you took off earlier.
Now I ran a test --express wash-- cycle, just to be sure all was OK,, and it was.
Now go get your wife and have her complete that laundry that was waiting for the washer to get repaired. OK sorry,, maybe you should just do the laundry your self, and get some points later.
Hope this step by step was helpful... Have a great day.
Washer Guy in Kansas City, MHE
Jan 16, 2007 |
Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer