We recently moved and its cold outside we brought our tv into our new house and my son plugged the tv in and turned it on while it was cold. then the tv shut itself off. Are we totally screwed with it working unless we take it in for repair??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is no question in my mind that the extreme cold is the prevailing factor. Depending how long the set was in the cold determines the time needed at room temperature before you even plug it in. I have recommended up to 24 hours before the set is even used, because parts heat up rapidly when first turned on there is a greater chance of failure especially when it comes right out of the elements. From your description it sounds like one part has failed shutting the tv down and it is probably in the power supply, in my opinion it is worth getting it checked out.
Your TV is being overheated by the location it is placed. try moving it in an airy area and see if the problem still occurs. The turning on and off is a response to overheating sensors in the TV housing and if not rectified it could malfunction and may cause burnout, a possible risk of fire.
One way would be to go to a store that sells electrical parts and buy a replacement plug and install it. The other would be to replace the whole cord, much more time consuming and probably a bit more expensive. I'd just go and buy a new plug.
guess there is a problem with the video Circuitry of your TV. it could be as simple as cold solder or could be worse as IC troubles. if you have no experience with electronic troubleshooting/servicing then its better if you send for repair. since there is still sound from your tv, it won't have a major problem.
The picture tube on a TV can be magnitized by the Earth's magnetic field. The noise heard when you turn a TV on (usually followed by a static noise on the face on the TV) is called degauss. What this does it remove any magnetic variations on the tube due to things like the magnetic field and speakers. However, changes to the TV in orientation to the Earths magnetic field will cause the tube to have a magnetic bias. This is most prominent when turned 90 degrees. The easy way to clear this is to turn the TV off for a little while and then turn it back on. But remember that any movement once it is on can cause the discolorations to reappear. My suggestion would be to turn the tv after you've moved it to the location you'd like to view it.
I think while shifting some loose contact problem might be there as you say it was working fine at mother house.
or you can check plug or socket for loose.
or call tech to fix it as it is not a serious job.