Question about Hitachi 42HDS69 42 in. Plasma Television
Why does my Hitachi 42HDS69 42 inch Plasma TV have horizontal green lines across the screen? I have checked all connections and tried to tweek the color settings but nothing has helped. I went thru the trouble shooting guide to no avail. I know the firmware has never been updated because it was my son's TV. Could that be the problem with the green lines?
If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Line, faults & possible causes to LCD & Plasma screen are given with illustrations. You can get an idea about the fault to an extent.
Posted on Dec 14, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had whole redish/pinkish screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
I think you are developing a problem on the line output stage of the television. The first thing to do is LIGHTLY tap the side of the tv and see if this cures the problem. If you tap it say ten times and it comes and goes then the problem is dry solder joints. Otherwise I would suspect a faulty component on the line output stage probably the transistor or the transformer. If you can check these faults for yourself otherwise find a competant technician. Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 04, 2008
I think you have dry solder joints on the tv. Either on the chroma board, the vertical scan board, the line output board, or on the focus board. If you are going to do this yourself please take all necessary precautions against electric shock and discharge all capacitors that you can as a stray spark from one can cause damage to your tv and yourself. If you are not able to do this find a competant technician. Good luck.
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
SOURCE: vertical lines on plasma tv
Maybe is a lose contact in the conectors of the screen.
You need disconect the conectors, clean with isopropilic alcohol, and reconect the conectors.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2016 | Vizio E500i-B1 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED...
Mar 17, 2015 | Panasonic TC-P46C2 - 46 Inch 720P Plasma...
Dec 13, 2014 | Hitachi 42HDS69 42 in. Plasma Television
Sep 19, 2012 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Jul 16, 2012 | Samsung HP-R4252 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Sep 19, 2009 | Samsung SPN4235 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Aug 26, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 21, 2007 | Hitachi 42HDM12 42 in. Plasma Television
Dec 19, 2006 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!