Question about Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Why is the outside panel hot to the touch?

Heat leaks from the top of door while in use

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Cheetah:

    An expert who has answered 20 or more questions within one hour.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 111 Answers

Many factors at play here. Are you cooking on the range? Are you using the microwave? Is the light on?
There is very little current going to the touchpad and if there were a short in it the touch pad would not work. It is just heat from another source. Don't worry about it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2014

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

My microwave LG MB-2341BR is not functioning as the touch panel not working. The start touch is not working. Do we get touch panel replacement now?


I being an experienced technician all I do is get micro buttons such as used in television set .I carefully apply minimal hot air from a hair dyer to the touch panel in a clean environment then strip the adhesive touch panel to check the wire ring that tress back to the pcb that is just beneath the touch panel. yo have to locate common and the wire responsible for touch, then drill a small hole where the micro button will sit solder to wires on the button then carefully solder them on the board.now make sure the button is on the same level with the surface before you return the adhesive touch panel make sure the button sits well then from beneath apply hot glue please don't use super glue if you don't understand I will send you pictures.

Jun 16, 2016 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Exterior of oven , top and both sides gets very hot to touch, when cooking +- 10 minutes or more the last couple of days; no Error ( E41/42/45 or 47 are being displayed. Fan is normal, functions: OK


There could be food or oil buildup around the door frame which will absorb some of the radiant and microwave energy whilst cooking. Give it all a good clean and see if that helps. If everything else is working properly, it may be a problem with the cooling fan. Microwave ovens have a "stirrer fan" inside the roof or rear of the cooking area to disperse the microwaves and some convection / microwave ovens also have a cooling fan which assists in dissipating heat within the cabinet.

Jan 04, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Hot microwave door handle


I always recommend that you use the vent fan whenever you're cooking on the stove top to keep heat, steam, and grease out of the controls and door panels.

Jan 08, 2013 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Double door fridge freezer not cooling down heating the panel between the doors


Hi and welcome to FixYa, I am Kelly
The symptom you describes it that of a condenser fan not running. Open the fiberboard panel in the back of the unit and check for substantial lint build up on the condenser coils and fan. Clean it thoroughly. If the compressor is running the condenser fan is supposed to be running. You can push gently the fan blades to see if it is trying to turn....

Once your done cleaning... if you can not get the fan going.. use an external fan directed at the rear bottom of the refrigerator until you can get a new fan. All the external fan is doing is removing the heat... that the fail fan can not.

The noted hot area between the doors should just be warm to the touch once the condenser coils are bing cooled properly.

Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Kelly

Apr 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Touch pad on my ge profile jvm2070bh02 will not work when it gets hots. i wait till it cools down, or i shut the power off and it works again till it gets hot.


Heat related issues always boil down to three types of problems.
1. Connectors: not properly seated into their socket; wires not fully locked into their connector. Heat causes expansion which can allow a loose wire/connection to break the circuit.

2. A defective component is breaking down from the heat and causing the control panel to malfunction.

3. A defective circuit board. The heat will cause the circuit board to 'expand' allowing any cracked traces or cracked solder connections to open and cause a malfunction.

If reseating all the connectors associated with the control panel does not help, you just may have to replace the control panel board.

Jun 25, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

On button no longer works


Without your brand and model number, it's hard to give specific guidance, but when a microwave won't start, the first suspect is a bad door switch or door switch mount. See this file.

You mentioned that you clean the touch panel. I hope that a cleaning spray was not sprayed directly on the controls or on the oven. That's a big killer of controls.

You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.

I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites.


Contract us if you need more free advice.

Jan 31, 2010 | Sharp R-120D Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My ifb microwave oven is getting hot outside while


Normally when u cook food in microwave the fod is cooked by microwaves, which means the heat is generated with in food. The temperature inside is never too hot and all the heat produced is absorbed with in the food.

On the other hand when the grill is switched on, a separate heatting element gets switched on. You can see this red hot element on the top side of inside of microwave. the heat from this element gets transferred to food through air circulation. But partof heat also gets transferred to the walls of microwave oven. This is the reason the wall feel hot during use of grill.

As i see ther is no problem with the microwave itself. Jut kep delicate thngs a bit away from the microwave.

Oct 17, 2009 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have to hit the outside (top side of door)of our


This is usually caused by either a bad door switch or a loose door switch mount, which are pretty simple problems to fix.

There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.

d:%5cele%5crepair%5cmicrowave%5cge_hotpoint%5cmini_manual_behind_grille_small.jpgdee77f7.jpg

At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

If a switch is all you need, we offer a universal type for only $5 postpaid which you can order here.

Even though a door switch clicks, it may still be bad inside.

Door switch or mount trouble is usually caused by slamming the door or by opening the door while it's cooking without hitting the Stop pad first.

There are plastic mounts inside the microwave which hold the door switches and onto which the door latches lock when you close the door.

The screws on these mounts may be loose. If they get too loose, the switches will not be activated properly.

Sometimes it's a broken tab on the switch holder, allowing the switch to rotate just out of position. This tab can be hard to see, since it is under the bottom edge of the switch.

If the switch mount is broken, it's usually more economical and safer to add a dab or two of hot glue to the mount to secure the switch. Let it cool for about 30 minutes before using.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 17, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Emerson Microwave MW8102ss


check control panel, may be problem at control circuit.

Aug 13, 2007 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave Oven Logo

230 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Maytag Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

SHARCNET-USA
SHARCNET-USA

Level 3 Expert

2130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

74945 Answers

Are you a Maytag Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...