Question about Omega Car Audio & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: NEED SAFE CODE
well for the code, check the owners manual front page or rear page, normally dealerships place the codes in there for you if you are buying the car from one, if you dont have any luck there google the company that makes the radio, and let them know you just bought a car that has that radio in it, give them the serial number, a lot of times they have a generic code that they can give you to unlock it.... your first bet tho is to call the dealership you bought it from after you have shecked the owners manual, or look thru the glove box for any papers you were given buying the car, it may be written on something else....
if you bought it from someone call them and ask them... or if you dont have their contact info, go back to where you bought it from...
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
1. turn ignition on (dash warning lights on)
2. If radio turned on, turn it off.
3. Press AS button in, and hold it in while turning radio on.
4. Wait approx 10 seconds (do not release AS button).
5. Radio should beep, and display should now read 10 - - - - (assuming no tries have been made in the past with the wrong code)
6. use pre-set button "1" to scroll the first digit in the display to the number you want (it goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then back to 0)
7. Use pre-set "2" for second digit, etc.
8. Once display reads 10 followed by the four digit security code press and hold AS button for about 10 seconds, until the radio beeps.
9. If correct code entered display will now read "code" briefly, followed by"memory-U" briefly, then radio will reprogram it self.
10. If radio goes back to "safe" the code number is incorrect, or you mis-keyed it.
Note: entering the code incorrectly 10 times will render the radio useless.
After the first 3 tries you need to leave the radio on and the ignition on for increasingly long periods of time before it will let you try again. 7 safe need you to wait at least 30 mins, and more like 1 hour.
WARNING - you only have a max of 10 attempts to get it right, but if still no luck after the 8th attempt, STOP and contact a Vaux dealer.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
First make sure that the code has not been noted somewhere within the car (underneath the ash tray, glove box , rear of sun visor etc)
To see if your code is available here for free then the radio will have to be removed from the dashboard (and if you are lucky, someone may have written the code on the casing ) .
If not then POST ANOTHER QUESTION
quoting the radio MAKE+MODEL plus ALL the LETTERS+NUMBERS on ANY LABELS ,BARCODES or STAMPED IN THE METAL CASING
note: Unfortunately not all radios can be decoded using the Serial Number
If not then try your Main Dealer ...........or take it into a Decode Service who will plug in a laptop to read/recode the memory chip (EEPROM). This takes a few minutes and shouldn`t be too expensive
To restore from SAFE..leave SWITCHED ON...UNDISTURBED until it automatically resets itself.(This could take several hours )
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
SOURCE: How to enter my radio
It is in SAFE mode because wrong codes have been entered previously.
To restore, leave SWITCHED ON...UNDISTURBED for as long as it takes to automatically reset itself.
This may take several hours.
Make sure you have the correct code
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2015 | Car Audio & Video
Apr 02, 2014 | Radio Communications
Oct 21, 2013 | Vauxhall Cars & Trucks
Jan 11, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Nov 05, 2010 | Philips Car Audio & Video
Feb 13, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Sep 06, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Mar 25, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: