An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: how do i reset my craig cl281 android netbook if my...
Your daughter's netbook is using an ancient version of Android. If it was in perfect working condition it would essentially be worthless.
However, I will assume that it has a USB 2 port. It has to have something to allow it to be connected to the "outside world".
Go to Craig Electronics. Presumably your firmware is still functional. Download Android 2.2 - which is almost totally worthless. That can be obtained from Craig, Follow the instructions to reformat the hard drive with Android 2.2. Then give it the new password that it will request.
However, Craig does have a policy that will let you trade this netbook in as partial payment for a newer model with Android 4.3. I would recommend this course of action because the improvement in performance will be massive.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have no idea about these craig things which are Android machines, Try this.
Cannot be worse than you got.
How to do a hard reset using external keys? If your tablet is completely locked up and you cannot access the menu functions, use the following method to perform a hard reset using external keys on your tablet:
1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.
2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the manufacturer logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)
3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up)
4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons
5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections
6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu
7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset"
8. Tap Power hard key to select option
9. Scroll down to select "Yes, delete all user data"
10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
12. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.
If it doesn't work try search engines for 'Android tablet hard reset'
1. restart windows system from login page.
2. before booting to "Acer" press immediately Alt+10 and continue pressing until
"windows prompt: loading". (this is before the Windows Logo)
3. you will arrived into two (2) options.
-Reset or restore factory settings.
-second is restore system only. note: the second option will restore the system without and boot to normal without password
plus back-up the data and will be save by default directory c:\backup (this is where file save on documents, music, video and others)
-the first option will erased all data and format the system and install fresh windows 7 starter
and install the drivers of the netbook acer -aspire one.
4. wait for the system to finish its task under option 2 then it will restart or reboot.
5. process of resetting the password will be done. you can now type a new password for you
Forgot lock pattern on android? Here's a way to reset it.
Enter wrong pattern 5 times and wait for 30 seconds.
Select "Forgot pattern" and enter your gmail account username and password.
Make sure you use the same account that was used to activate the tablet and double check the
password by logging in to that Google account in a browser on laptop or PC
If you don't have access to the original Gmail account, you will need to do a hard reset and
loose your settings and apps on the Netbook. The data on the memory card will not be wiped
If all else fails...
before resettiing back up every thing she has in downloads, basically if u have external dvd/cd rom drive you can make a backup of her my documents folder the whole thing. as long as you have your own password to get in you can do this, might be a good idea to back up your data .
To reset the 7 inch Craig Netbook you need to shut it down and take out the battery, Leave it for couple of mins with no charger (press and hold the power button to get every bit of power out of the various components inside) and put the battery and charger back in and power it back up.
This works with devices having physical home button:-
1. Press the power button and the home button together
for a while, long enough until the screen appears with Android bot and a
progress bar which shows that it's formatting the internal memory. With NO physical HOME button:- 2. In case your device does not have a physical home button, press the power button and both the volume keys together for few seconds. 3. Press gently the "reset pin-hole" present generally on a side of Tablet. Use a clip-pin or similarly fine thing to gently push inside to reset your device to factory settings. NOTE: You'll not only lose the apps on your internal memory and the data associated with it. All the device updates will also be lost and you'll have the version of Android your tablet came with.
Reset factory setting from safemode menu,
check the video in my blog lol http://pcgadgetdeni.blogspot.com/2013/02/forgot-passwordpattern-unlock-of.html